Leotard Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This year we are getting leotards with white sleeves. I sweat ALOT and I was wondering if white leotards sleeves armpits get yellowish. I'm really concerned that my underarms will get yellow.

Using an organic deodorant helps eliminate sweat stains - I think some of the chemicals in a normal deodorant react with sweat to make yellow stains. That's what my coach told us to do for our white leos and mine isn't stained (even though I sweat a lot! lol) HTH :)

I sweat like that too! It sucks! I use a special anti-perspirant at night along with my normal deodorant in the morning. It's call Certain Dri. It works wonders, LOL

I make leotards and comp leos for our local gyms and have to say it would depend on the material. If the arms are mystique definately use natural deoderant like Tom's of Maine for example as regular chemical ones will delaminate the shine in the underarms and you well end up with areas of no shine in the underarms. I find the best thing to do is to rinse the leo in very cold water with a handful of table salt (the salt will sanitize and help to set the colors)..then to avoid the risk of color bleed squeeze out as much water as possible, lay the leo flat out on towel and proceed to roll the leo up in the towel (kind like a cinnamon roll) to absorb as much moisture out as possible. Then, it should be safe to hang dry the rest of the way. Never hang it when it is wet or dripping. It should just be damp at this point. Also, detergents are a big factor in causing color bleed or fading of the shine so if you must use it stick with very mild ones like ivory snow etc.
During season, I will pretty much only do the salt rinses in ice cold water on my daughters leo or if there is a really dirty part that needs something stronger I will just spot clean it with the Ivory to keep it looking as crisp and new all season.
Never, never leave it to sit without rinsing as soon as possible if sweat has absorbed into the leo as the sweat will also cause the shine to fade of the Mystique or other holographic fabrics.

Hope this helps!

No, not yet. Hopefully, someday. With a son and a daughter both on teams you can imagine how much time I have left over. Local business and ebay seem to keep me busy enough and I am able to support tuitions and fees for now.

:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back