WAG Level 2 music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

so some of my little L3 s were competing in a mixed session with L2 s yesterday. Wow! The L2 music ..... It's the first time I got to hear it , Felt like I was in a Disney movie for 3 hourso_O

I call it the horse music. I've never coached level 2 (we don't really have it here) but I'm not sure if the horse music makes me want to or not want to. I have mixed feelings about it.

I like the L2 music for the younger level 2s. It's super cute when its' a 6 yo competing. Older girls it does not fit as well.

That being said, I'm thoroughly sick of it, and our first competition isn't for a month yet! Ugh!

Thankfully I never competed as a level two, however at my last level 5 meet, I was in a combined session with level 2s. The level 3 music actually is worse to me...

We had one club that would do one choreography and one music for all their girls at competition ( we don't have compulsories, just certain allowed moves in the routine) and it was freaky, I cannot imagine your pain of years of the same music.

We had one club that would do one choreography and one music for all their girls at competition ( we don't have compulsories, just certain allowed moves in the routine) and it was freaky, I cannot imagine your pain of years of the same music.
And many of us are never really done with it...our gym hosts a State meet as well as our home meet, so I'll hear LOTS of L2/3/4 on top of my kid's L5 and even when she's done with compulsories I'll still be volunteering those sessions! It never ends! LOL

Seriously! Last Halloween she was randomly doing the L4 routine (no tumbling) in her Scooby Doo costume, so this year I must make sure to tape her doing L5 in her evil clown costume. Lol! Crazy kid...
This reminds me of that scene in Garden State when she watches the old figure skating video of her where she's in a full on alligator costume I hope USAG never gets a hold of that for floor music inspiration :p

image.jpeg
This reminds me of that scene in Garden State when she watches the old figure skating video of her where she's in a full on alligator costume I hope USAG never gets a hold of that for floor music inspiration :p
I'm not familiar with that movie (I assume it's a movie?) but that sounds about right! This is Puma Jr's Halloween costume for anyone is curious. I wish I had heard about these creepy clowns issues in NC before I bought it! Oh well...She had her heart set on this immediately after last Halloween for some reason. This kid...lol!

View attachment 6368
I'm not familiar with that movie (I assume it's a movie?) but that sounds about right! This is Puma Jr's Halloween costume for anyone is curious. I wish I had heard about these creepy clowns issues in NC before I bought it! Oh well...She had her heart set on this immediately after last Halloween for some reason. This kid...lol!
:eek:

She looks like she's a hoot!

View attachment 6368
She'd get two handfuls of candy at our house!

I hadn't heard the L2 music before. It's not horrible for 5yos, but I couldn't imagine a late starter doing a routine to that.... L3 is horrid (reminds me of those old time accordion monkeys...) and I will be getting VERY familiar with it this year as I'm assistant coach to L3... I was so glad Dd skipped 3 and went straight to L4, that's the least evil of the compulsory tunes. L5 sounds like a Vincent Price soundtrack..! Creepy clown music is absolutely right!

I hadn't heard the L2 music before. It's not horrible for 5yos, but I couldn't imagine a late starter doing a routine to that.... L3 is horrid (reminds me of those old time accordion monkeys...) and I will be getting VERY familiar with it this year as I'm assistant coach to L3... I was so glad Dd skipped 3 and went straight to L4, that's the least evil of the compulsory tunes. L5 sounds like a Vincent Price soundtrack..! Creepy clown music is absolutely right!
Hahahaha accordion monkeys!! :) :)

My co-worker who has a niece in L3 calls it the "Little Einsteins music" :p

I have always thought of Vincent Price when I hear the scary clown music!

Wow. Sounded like carnival music. I guess it would be ok if the meet sold candied apples and cotton candy. :p

The first time I heard that version at a meet, I was very impressed that the little girl just kept right on going through the audio malfunction. Then it happened again, and again...

There's only one gym that I know of that uses it. And I honestly don't know what they're thinking. But 99% of gyms use piano here and I get confused when I hear level 4 trumpet. It has more emphasis or something.

The chiming used to confuse DD on beam. She thought she was getting the warning bell! Her gym doesn't compete L2, so she had never heard it before!
That is funny, have you ever noticed if there is floor music with a strong beat playing for the floor, the girl on the beam will pick it up in her routine. Seen this many times in optionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back