WAG Level 3 Beam Routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gym-Mom

Proud Parent
In the level 3 beam routine, what is the deduction for not getting your handstand vertical? What about not kicking to horizontal? There are probably more technical terms for this. Sorry :)

In my region at least, level 3s do not need a vertical handstand. I think they have to get 3/4 of the way up (correct me if I'm wrong - level 3 was a long time ago). In 4 and 5, you need to get to vertical and hold one sec for 4 and two for 5.

In my region at least, level 3s do not need a vertical handstand. I think they have to get 3/4 of the way up (correct me if I'm wrong - level 3 was a long time ago). In 4 and 5, you need to get to vertical and hold one sec for 4 and two for 5.

They actually do, and they must close their feet side by side, not just tap them together. There's no hold, but it's up to .3 for not hitting vertical. 3/4 would get about .2-.3 off, depending on the judge.

They actually do, and they must close their feet side by side, not just tap them together. There's no hold, but it's up to .3 for not hitting vertical. 3/4 would get about .2-.3 off, depending on the judge.

Thanks, sorry about that. I realized after the "edit" tab had gone away that level three required vertical.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back