WAG Level 5 skills are coming!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My little on has started working her Level 5 vault with her coach and attempted (and hit) her first double back handsprings today. Watching her get new skills is like watching her at Christmas. I <3 gymnastics!

This is such an exciting time! The transition from level 4 to 5, and then from 5 to 6 was the point when my parents realized I was doing "real gymnastics." In a way you can say every level transition introduces "real gymnastics" - saltos in level 6, flight on beam in 7, flipping/twisting vaults in 8, bonus in 9, etc. But the transition to level 5 skills is somehow special, probably since it’s the first required level of competition. Kips, using the high bar, the "big girl" vault, front tumbling, connecting three tumbling skills together...basically what I'm saying is I'm excited for you, too. [SUP]I kind of wish I could go back and learn my level 5 skills all over again.[/SUP]

This is such an exciting time! The transition from level 4 to 5, and then from 5 to 6 was the point when my parents realized I was doing "real gymnastics." In a way you can say every level transition introduces "real gymnastics" - saltos in level 6, flight on beam in 7, flipping/twisting vaults in 8, bonus in 9, etc. But the transition to level 5 skills is somehow special, probably since it’s the first required level of competition. Kips, using the high bar, the "big girl" vault, front tumbling, connecting three tumbling skills together...basically what I'm saying is I'm excited for you, too. [SUP]I kind of wish I could go back and learn my level 5 skills all over again.[/SUP]

Thanks and LOL. My daughter called it the "big girl table", so you are right on the money. This is my first time going through it, but this is even more exciting than last year. Can't wait to watch her and her team at their first Level 4 competition in two weeks.

cbone -

Just remember to either turn off the microphone on your video camera or bite your tongue real hard so that your "yells of the dad" don't make it onto the video. This is a lesson hard learned over the years.

Good Luck to her (and her family).

cbone -

Just remember to either turn off the microphone on your video camera or bite your tongue real hard so that your "yells of the dad" don't make it onto the video. This is a lesson hard learned over the years.

Good Luck to her (and her family).

LOL! I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I had to turn the music to max volume on every video I made to drown out my yelling. I think I'll be a bit more reserved this year, but I certainly won't be silent.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back