Level 6 beam dismountt

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm having trouble with the level 6 beam dismount. I can do the second half (side handstand, twist off) but I can't seem to hold the regular handstand for two seconds and than connect it to the second half. Whenever I do, I can't hold the side handstand, long enough, or fall the other way then I'm supposed to.Also what are the specific requirements for the dismount?

Don't work the dismount...just work handstands...cross handstands. When you can hold the cross for 10 seconds...you will have the dismount.

Personally, I put my index finger up onto the beam in my first handstand. It sounds funny, but that way I can kick up hard enough to hit vertical, but push away slightly so I can hold it long enough. Also, it gives me an extra boost when I do the 1/4 turn.

However, maybe this isn't for you. I've noticed that when I do the level 6 dismount, sometimes I start leaning to the side in my first handstand before this is necessary. Sometimes it's even sub-conscience. When I do that it gets me into my second handstand and over faster, but it absolutely kills my first one.

All in all, practice and remember control. Beam is all about it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back