Level 7 - feel like a newbie again

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Cher062= my dd had her 2nd L7 meet last weekend. They let her do bars after some persuading. She missed her giant, but hit 2 cast to handstands and connected the whole thing for a 7.3. (better than a zero). It allowed her to qualify for sectionals with a 34.25. Anyway, good luck to your DD. Maybe she can throw the giant next time and qualify for sectionals.
ps- PM me for the video link if you want to take a look.

Cher062= my dd had her 2nd L7 meet last weekend. They let her do bars after some persuading. She missed her giant, but hit 2 cast to handstands and connected the whole thing for a 7.3. (better than a zero). It allowed her to qualify for sectionals with a 34.25. Anyway, good luck to your DD. Maybe she can throw the giant next time and qualify for sectionals.
ps- PM me for the video link if you want to take a look.

Unfortunatly at our gym if you don't have a skill on an event they won't let you compete the event. She is that close to having it.

this past weekend if they let her do the routine she would have only needed a 6.00 on bars to qualify for sectionals. But they didn't let her compete it - so frustraiting but I do understand their reasons for not letting them compete.

they did tell us that they are going to add another In House sanctioned meet in Feb (didn't say when) with just our team so girls who have all 4 events can qualify for the second sectionals. Hopefully DD will get this move in the next few weeks so she can do all 4 events.

Will they not let her compete Free hips instead of the Giants? We have one girl at our gym who does the Free hips. Her score wasn't great (like a high 7) but at least that would give your DD the chance to qualify.

In any case, I hopethey add the last meet and your DD has the chance to qualify.

Will they not let her compete Free hips instead of the Giants? We have one girl at our gym who does the Free hips. Her score wasn't great (like a high 7) but at least that would give your DD the chance to qualify.

In any case, I hopethey add the last meet and your DD has the chance to qualify.

Our gym wants the team to do skills the build for the next level and the Free hip doesn't do that and the giant does. She almost has it - she is just sooo close. I think by the end of next week she should have it. If she does there are 2 other girls in the same boat that will need to go to a qualifier too if they get theirs. Any girl who has not qualified yet and has all 4 events by feb 25th will have a chance to qualify for the 2nd qualifier.

Either way I don't see her moving to L8 next year although the coach has hinted she will move up I'm not sure that is the best thing for her. I guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back