Anon Training Level 10 at age 7?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There is data on who is actually following those accounts and it is not predominantly young females. It's going to be an interesting can of worms for these kids as they enter adulthood and start to realize who has been looking at them all this time. I hope the parents set aside money for counselling.
That makes me sad, but you’re right. This little girl is on almost every social media site and there are plenty of grown childless men in the comments asking her to do certain gymnastics stretches on camera and saying how beautiful she is, it’s disturbing

Is all of this effort is aimed at competing at some point, or just being on social media?
Is the parents’ plan like the Williams sisters’ dad has for them in tennis, when they barely competed before they went pro? Will she have to eventually test out or multiple levels if she wants to compete DP or qualify for elite? I just don’t get it.

This may or may not be popular to share buuuuuuuut - she's a fave "cringe follow" for a lot of tweens, too. I share this to say - even kids know it is not normal or healthy. They gawk with their eyes open at that account. The REALLY sad thing to me is that her childhood and such is not being protected. Her parents are leaving a digital fingerprint ALL over the world that will be impossible to erase. Eventually she will be an adult who wants to get married or pursue a career or create a family or whatever else. Imagine having had NO control over that. This is a great read about the topic - https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/11/...V-C_lox_1HJG9bOAFz9jmBLVjrXYbPklbARPRuH7Z9uDc

This may or may not be popular to share buuuuuuuut - she's a fave "cringe follow" for a lot of tweens, too. I share this to say - even kids know it is not normal or healthy. They gawk with their eyes open at that account. The REALLY sad thing to me is that her childhood and such is not being protected. Her parents are leaving a digital fingerprint ALL over the world that will be impossible to erase. Eventually she will be an adult who wants to get married or pursue a career or create a family or whatever else. Imagine having had NO control over that. This is a great read about the topic - https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/11/...V-C_lox_1HJG9bOAFz9jmBLVjrXYbPklbARPRuH7Z9uDc
While no where near the level of the SM superstars, most parents are doing this to their children without realizing the repercussions. Thankfully SM didn't not erupt until my kids were tweens but at that time, I was guilty of posting news and pics of them. It took an article about the topic for me to realize that all that posting was not in their best interest. They soon became old enough to have their own accounts, to which they rarely posted, which reinforced my decision to not post about them. I know those posts will always be stored somewhere but I did go back and delete them all so that they were not easily accessible to the general public anymore.

Are you guys talking about the model with the red hair? Not that it really matters, I guess, just curious. She is nowhere ready for lv 10 so not sure if that is her.
I'm assuming that is who they are talking about. But I've never seen them say anything about expecting to compete level 10 when she turns 7? The one I've seen has nothing approaching level 10 skills so it seems doubtful that they would believe that anyway and there is no way a coach is telling them they can test out of every level and compete 10 next year. But I do agree with others that it is definitely not the norm and that this mom is doing a huge disservice to her daughter and I feel bad for the girl. And while it is impressive to have some of the skills she does at 6 (like bhs blo on beam and giants), her form is kind of scary and she should not be doing them without a coach right there, or really at all at her age, honestly.

I'm assuming that is who they are talking about. But I've never seen them say anything about expecting to compete level 10 when she turns 7? The one I've seen has nothing approaching level 10 skills so it seems doubtful that they would believe that anyway and there is no way a coach is telling them they can test out of every level and compete 10 next year. But I do agree with others that it is definitely not the norm and that this mom is doing a huge disservice to her daughter and I feel bad for the girl. And while it is impressive to have some of the skills she does at 6 (like bhs blo on beam and giants), her form is kind of scary and she should not be doing them without a coach right there, or really at all at her age, honestly.
She makes posts on FB on her story, she did a whole q&a recently about the level 10 thing, but those only stay posted for a while and then auto-delete I believe. Tbh they probably did that on purpose to avoid people commenting about her form being an issue for level 10. I also noticed it wasn’t cross posted on IG, but her “supporters” on FB are less people with comments saying she’s a talented star and Olympian in the making.

*name redacted* . It’s okay to say it. She’s famous. No secrecy needed. She’s a “mini influencer.”
I don’t think it’s alright to say it because she’s a minor who has not chosen this lifestyle for herself and placing a child’s name in critique of their parents just doesn’t feel right especially with the earlier discussion about digital footprints.

Are you guys talking about the model with the red hair? Not that it really matters, I guess, just curious. She is nowhere ready for lv 10 so not sure if that is her.
That’s who I think we are talking about. At least that’s who I’m talking about. She’s about to compete her first year of level 4 this season. The level 10 nonsense is just that, nonsense.

Kynlee the Great. It’s okay to say it. She’s famous. No secrecy needed. She’s a “mini influencer.”
I don't really think she's influencing anyone if we are being honest.... influence would mean you are inspiring or getting people to purchase what you are selling. She's ... 6. She has no influence. Her parents (or mom) have pipe dreams of using her for their gain. No 6 year old on their own can come up with and create the videos they post. More importantly, she has no autonomy over her likeness. Which is ironic given how much the sport of gymnastics has fought for NIL and against abuse.

“Mini influencer” has been one of her taglines and has appeared on items of hers photographed. She’s in ads, soon to be released movies, and I watched a short film made about her. She’s monetized to some extent. Her mother is making her famous, just like every other child star. We know what has happened to many of them, at best, they reflect upon their Hollyweird experiences with disgust or sorrow—at best.

She's said shes training level 10, but also said she's going to compete level 4 next year, I assume for Gage. So I wouldn't read into the level 10 thing too much. She also has said she lives at least 2 hours from the gym, which is probably why she has her own gym with a real set of uneven bars and beam in her house, a tumble trak and strap bar outside. My daughter is very jealous, and I just laughed when she asked for a similar setup.

Reactions: cmg
She's said shes training level 10, but also said she's going to compete level 4 next year, I assume for Gage. So I wouldn't read into the level 10 thing too much. She also has said she lives at least 2 hours from the gym, which is probably why she has her own gym with a real set of uneven bars and beam in her house, a tumble trak and strap bar outside. My daughter is very jealous, and I just laughed when she asked for a similar setup.
You forgot to mention the climbing wall too! I saw all that stuff that was obviously at her house and just thought what the heck!! She eats, sleeps and breaths gymnastics...Patience is a virtue and we will see what happens later on. Maybe she will be the Tiger Woods of gymnastics.

She doesn't eat, breathe, and live gymnastics. Look at the recent taglines of being always busy. Acting, modeling, pageants, and gymnastics. Her mother makes her go hard at everything, and we can see that. She must be tired. The abdominal muscles on a child that age are also not typical. I have rarely seen that on any gymnast that age.

As a coach, I am really not jazzed about these home gym set ups. It's just asking for injuries and bad habits. A floor beam and maybe a pull up bar and floor bar/parallettes for basics and conditioning? Sure. I've been that gymnastics obsessed kiddo so I get it. But I feel fortunate that my coaches helped me safely channel that energy. I made 50 full turns on my floor beam a day all summer going to into the first level that requires them because I had heard that's the skill that gave people the most trouble. I always say you can never do too many handstands. Do them on beam. Presses. Handstand pirouettes. Handstand walking on beam. Hold a handstand for one minute, then 2. It's the perfect at home challenge. I actually think it's kind of cool when people with the resources have a rope at home if you want to go big.

That was a bit of a tangent rant but it really drives me nuts.

I actually think it's kind of cool when people with the resources have a rope at home if you want to go big.
We bought a ~10 foot rope during Covid (I’m a cross fitter and went a little overboard with my home gym) and it’s now hanging in my daughter’s bedroom. It was not expensive at all.

Oh, I meant to write she doesn't just breathe gymnastics. If someone was truly that serious about gymnastics, why the other things? They don't seem to have much to do with gymnastics. That's why it feels more like a side show by the parent's doing.

She doesn't eat, breathe, and live gymnastics. Look at the recent taglines of being always busy. Acting, modeling, pageants, and gymnastics. Her mother makes her go hard at everything, and we can see that. She must be tired. The abdominal muscles on a child that age are also not typical. I have rarely seen that on any gymnast that age.
Abs like that at that age are almost always genetic - predisposition for minimal body fat.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News