Parents Missing beam elements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think SR is special requirement and 1A and 1B would be an A skill and a B skill. What the special requirement would be depends on the level, and it could be the same as the B skill.

From the cheat sheet, here are the special requirements:

Acro series with a minimum of 2 As or Bs, with or without flight, and AND one acro flight element (can be in the series or isolated) -- all acros used to fulfill special requirements must start and finish on the beam
One 180 cross or side split jump/leap
Minimum 360 turn on one foot
Minimum A aerial or salto dismount

A SR can be lost if the acro is not connected. That's the most common way to lose it. L7 needs 5 A skills and 2 Bs.

What
routine only has one B. Split leap is an A. Likely missed connection on series, so missing that SR. And also means routine is short an A, because no credit for 2nd back walkover. Can’t get credit for same skill twice unless it’s in a connection.
Would be another B skill...

The BHS is the only B so that is where the missing B is.

6 As if all get credit.

Missing SR would definitely be the BWO BWO connection or she didn’t meet the angle requirement of her split leap. The BWO BWO connection is one that is often missed, judges are super picky about it. At level 7 they also start getting really picky about angles and such.

You said that the judge complemented her on her BWO connection? Did she do this verbally or was this written on her card? If it was verbal, is it possible that they mistakes which routine they were commenting on? Only other thing I could think of is did she fall on the second BWO? If she didn’t get a solid foot on the beam they can take the skill and no skill then then no series, even if the connection was good.

Really hard to tell without looking at the routine and give the little bit that you have told us. Good luck. I am sure her coaches are all over it. :)

The BHS is the only B so that is where the missing B is.

6 As if all get credit.

Missing SR would definitely be the BWO BWO connection or she didn’t meet the angle requirement of her split leap. The BWO BWO connection is one that is often missed, judges are super picky about it. At level 7 they also start getting really picky about angles and such.

You said that the judge complemented her on her BWO connection? Did she do this verbally or was this written on her card? If it was verbal, is it possible that they mistakes which routine they were commenting on? Only other thing I could think of is did she fall on the second BWO? If she didn’t get a solid foot on the beam they can take the skill and no skill then then no series, even if the connection was good.

Really hard to tell without looking at the routine and give the little bit that you have told us. Good luck. I am sure her coaches are all over it. :)
The critique was written. It isn't my daughter and the mom didn't record . I may just have to tell her to record a practice and post

Most likely the split was too low. If this is correct, she had a perfect score except for the missing items, because .5+.3+.1=.9, and she got a 9.1 Something is not right here. The score should probably have been lower. If she had a low leap, she also gets the -.2 deduction for that, and if she didn't get her connection, she also gets -.2 for that. Her maximum score should have been an 8.9 with the missing parts plus the .2 deduction in one of those places. But that's just me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back