Mixing friends for Birthday?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flipomaniak

Gymnast
It's early but I'm still thinking about what I want to do for my birthday and I'm having a big dilemma... I have gym friends, school friends, church friends, family friends... I'm sure many have at least dealt with school and gym friends so any tips? Should I have a big party with all of them? Or is that just calling for disaster and awkwardness?

I think it depends what they are like and what sort of party you are planning. If it's something more activity based - bowling, mini golf, movies etc then I think a mix of friends is much easier as everyone is doing something and it's a good ice breaker.
Also how outgoing are most of them? Do they mix well?

My kids are younger than you; but this year we just did a mix. It was a sleepover. 2 church friends, 3 gymnastics friends, 1 school friend and one friend from swim team.

DD had a sleep over and we mixed friends. It was a bit awkward at first but by the end they all had a blast.

If you do mix I would suggest inviting at least of couple from each group so that everybody there knows somebody besides you. It's hard when there is somebody that doesn't know anybody especially if they are shy, give everybody a familiar face.

I think everything will work out fine. Even if its awkward at first. Make sure to invite at least 2 from every category that are friends with each other.

gymnastics=10% talent 90% hard work

Do it! At first it may be slightly awkward, but after a little it should be fine. It will be a great way to celebrate with everyone and "combine" friends. No longer will they be school or gym friends, instead they'll just be friends!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back