motionwear leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

Hi, i was going to buy a couple of leos from discountleos that are motion wear brand does anyone know if motionwear runs small, normal size or bigger? thankyou :)

If you go on both GK and Motionwear websites, you can look at a detailed sizing chart for both to compare. That being said - everyone in our gym orders one size smaller when ordering motionwear from the size that they would order from gk. So if I normally order an AS from gk, I would order the PA (motionwear's version of AXS) from motionwear. If you normally order a GK- AM then I would order a Motionwear AS.

The best thing to do is really to go on the websites and look at the sizing charts.

That's so weird NOG because I've found just the opposite to be true. DD has around 5 motionwear leotards and she has to get one size bigger than in GK. The leos are glitter velvet though and are stiffer than the velvet ones she has that are alpha factor. So maybe it's just the material choice. It's not really stretchy. DD has only one leo she has ever outgrown and it is a glitter velvet motionwear in CXS. They really have very little stetch so consider that if you are buying that material.

In my day (seriously, I'm old) when motionwear was new, they ran inconsistently. I had a tye dye pink one that was a bit long, our team leos were a bit short and wide for me...it varied leo to leo.

GK varies leo to leo too. DD's team sells GK leos as a fundraiser before Christmas and it's amazing to the amout of variation within each size looking at them hanging side by side on the rack. I was helping with the leo sale and I kept encouraging parents to have their DD's try them on rather than just to pick one based on the size on the tag. As for using the size chart, the coach ordered dd's GK comp leo based on her measurments and it ended up being too small... she spent last season's meets picking her butt! Luckily she was able to buy one off an older girl for this year (they only get new comp leos every other year).

That's so weird NOG because I've found just the opposite to be true. DD has around 5 motionwear leotards and she has to get one size bigger than in GK. The leos are glitter velvet though and are stiffer than the velvet ones she has that are alpha factor. So maybe it's just the material choice. It's not really stretchy. DD has only one leo she has ever outgrown and it is a glitter velvet motionwear in CXS. They really have very little stetch so consider that if you are buying that material.

That could be- I've never ordered velvet leos from either manufacturer, but I'm sure material choice is a factor. The only velvet leos that she has are hand-me-down leos - a GK (fits like her other ones) and a Foxy's Fitness (also has a fit the same as the lycra ones), but I'm sure that leos all vary even within same size/fabrics. The ones with open back or v-back strap design fit differently than ones of a standard 'tank' design. The fact that her velvet ones fit the same as her lycra ones could just be b/c they are hand-me-down ones that have been 'broken in'?

As far as Alpha Factor goes, dd says that AF is cut narrower in the torso and has smaller leg hole openings with a narrower cut (think butt cheeks sticking out), so she won't wear AF. She thinks that GK and Motionwear have the same fit/style (as in wider in the torso with the same leg openings), but the sizing is different (check my previous post for that).

So sorry, you're probably have no better idea than before you posted your question, lol. I guess each girl has her own idea of how things fit 'her'.

Last edited by a moderator:
They ARE cut different... if you have a "butt"... then they will have a tendency to give you wedgies, though not as bad as the Alpha Factor leos, at least they did do my DD. But they are most definitely beautiful!!! We were lucky in that they have an outlet store near some of DD's meets, so we've been able to duck in there and she has tried them on. BUT the velvets fit different than the lycra ones, that's for sure!

They ARE cut different... if you have a "butt"... then they will have a tendency to give you wedgies, though not as bad as the Alpha Factor leos, at least they did do my DD. But they are most definitely beautiful!!! We were lucky in that they have an outlet store near some of DD's meets, so we've been able to duck in there and she has tried them on. BUT the velvets fit different than the lycra ones, that's for sure!

Too funny, my dd hates the AF b/c of the wedgie factor (sorry for the play on words,lol), butt (heehee) has no issues in that regards with her motionwear leos.

Thanks, i don't have a but really actually- probably my smallest feature lol i too don't really like af leo's i have a realy long torso and short legs so they are perfect in hight for me but they have a very thin waist, im AL in gk and i just got an AXL in motionwear normally i just kinda go for the biggest size they carry lol i think it will be alright i love gk's fit it fits me perfectly i don't get wedgies the torso isnt quite long enough when i first get it but i break it in and it starts to get longer lol and the waist is perfect gk r my favourite leos and im now trying motionwear haha i really like motionwears they are very pretty, i live in aus and now the usa dollar is the same as the aus dollar so i decided that yesterday was the day to buy LOL :)

Too funny, my dd hates the AF b/c of the wedgie factor (sorry for the play on words,lol), butt (heehee) has no issues in that regards with her motionwear leos.

My DD hates, absolutely hates, AF too. Both her club and HS teams have AF leos. Thank goodness for toupee tape!

I love AF on my DD because the leg cut makes her legs look really long. She's tiny though and has no butt or hips. I could definitely see how some of those leos would be a problems for older girls.

Overall I have found all brand of leos to be inconsistent. She has a few AF CXS that are too long, but they are super narrow if that makes any sense. So they are too big, but too small at the same time. So I ordered a CS in an AF leo she really liked and it is so big she can't even wear it.

I ordered her competition leo for her new gym which is a GK leo and I got a CXS. I'm very nervous that it will be too small. We tried on a used CS that someone was selling and it was loose in the arms and the butt. The head coach said I should definitely get a CXS. She wanted it to look very sleek. I agree with that, but she needs to wear it now and next fall. Let's hope she doesn't have a huge growth spurt. With warm-ups it was $493 so you can see why I'm nervous. She didn't get to try on the warm-ups, but they said they are big on everyone so I ordered the smallest size. She's about a 4T in pants because she needs length, but she can wear shorts that are a 2T easily. How do their warm-ups usually run size wise? They are the kind that fit tighter.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News