Motionwear leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
I've been thinking about ordering a Motionwear leo. How long do they take to ship? How does the fit compare to GK or Snowflake? Thanks!

We have several motionwear leos and they definitely fit different than GK and Snowflake. Motionwear adds a size Intermediate Child between small and medium so when you grow out of a Child Large GK you are just growing into a Child Large motionwear, for the most part. They also have a style that has an open back that seems to fit longer than the other styles. They last a long time and wash well, generally a good value.

I find they fit long in the torso which is good for DD as she is all torso and short legs- come to think of it the back is kind of open on the two she has straps criscross, but open space- maybe they are the open back type the other poster was talking about. DD wears a size 7 in clothes and a CL in Leos (due to a long torso- shirts are often too short on her and we have to size up)- the CL is very roomy in Motionwear- very roomy with plenty of length. DD likes them, they are not my favorite she has, but the 2 she has are always the 1st she goes for if they are clean.

GK has a snugger fit- better fit- the Motionwear is baggy where it shouldn't be baggy, not as good of a fit IMO- good practice leos though.

Snowflake is waaaaay bigger in the butt than Motionwear. Motionwear is long. DD has a CL and AXS Snowflake and 2 CL Motionwear and the sizing is different- I'd compare the CL Motionwear to a AXS GK or Snowflake. DD fits perfectly into CL GK and Snowflake- the Motionwear is very roomy all over.

Hope this helps- and please remember what fits my kid one way may fit your kid an entirely different way.

They're a pretty good price and I really need leos- I am down to 2 that I can wear due to my shoulders and I train 4 times a week

I have one and I absolutely love it! It did take a while to ship but I think it was because they were out of it at the time I ordered. Totally worth the wait though because it's super comfortable and my favorite leo. I will probably never buy any other brand of leo and the only reason why I don't have more from motionwear is because I'm only in the gym once a week and I really don't need more than a couple leos.

Oh and compared to GK, it's definitely better for people with slightly longer torsos and it fits a little looser around the legs.

Forgot to add: I also have a few of their dance leos and I love those as well.

Last edited:
I think the sizing is very similar,but in my opinion Motionwear leos are thinner material if that makes a difference to you:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back