Parents Need advice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So craziest couple days ever. After posting this and beginning to do some more research, my husband informed me last night that he received a job offer in another state and we are seriously considering the move. Although it means leaving our family and friends, it seems to be the best for his career and a fresh start for me and my dd. If we choose to take the job offer, will be moving at the end of the school year to NC (Charlotte area). So now we begin the search for a new home and a new gym. Hoping for the best and I really appreciate all the advice and responses to my OP. This is a wonderful group and I will be looking into gyms and am sure looking at recommendation in the Charlotte area!

So craziest couple days ever. After posting this and beginning to do some more research, my husband informed me last night that he received a job offer in another state and we are seriously considering the move. Although it means leaving our family and friends, it seems to be the best for his career and a fresh start for me and my dd. If we choose to take the job offer, will be moving at the end of the school year to NC (Charlotte area). So now we begin the search for a new home and a new gym. Hoping for the best and I really appreciate all the advice and responses to my OP. This is a wonderful group and I will be looking into gyms and am sure looking at recommendation in the Charlotte area!

Congratulations to your husband! I'm in NC, but not in the Charlotte area. There are a lot of good gyms in the Charlotte area and I'm sure you'll get some good feedback on here. I can certainly tell you which ones have really strong, talented gymnasts, but I don't know anything about what the environment is like inside the gyms, so I will defer to others for that. Good luck if you do end up moving! My sister lives in the Charlotte area and she really loves it there.

Good luck! Charlotte traffic can be a pain depending where you live. Take a look at the other thread on Charlotte gyms for recommendations. Also, schools are another factor you'll have to consider when figuring out where to live (unless you homeschool). Charlotte has a lot of magnet and charters along with neighborhood public and private schools. Figure out what area of Charlotte you are looking to live and that will help you narrow down gym choices. There are many strong teams around here.

So I scheduled a private lesson with the coach for today to work on a few things but mostly so I could have a meeting with her and the owner without all of the other parents around. I pulled dd out of school 45 minutes early before any practices would be beginning. After her private I sat down with the coach and owner to tell them about our possible move and also to address just a couple issues that were on my mind. They were very understanding about the possible move and said they would help me find an appropriate gym if we decide to go. Then she. We talked about the last meet and the following practice I found d out it was a huge misunderstanding and really should have talked to her first before taking what my daughter said as 100% true. She did mention that she wasn't overall happy with their performances because they made some silly mistakes. But she can understand where how she talked to the girls could have been misinterpreted. She actually did give the girls advice at practice on how they can improve. That was nice to hear. And I did bring up the point about yelling and she said that she has to raise her voice for a couple reasons. One is because it is very loud in the gym and sometimes it is hard to hear. Okay that's true. And the second reasons is to get certain kids attention. Some need more stern/firm coaching. And sometimes it does lead to crying but it's not malicious. I guess I should have talked to her before writing some of what I wrote. I was just all worked up and upset. Thanks for understanding. And looking g forward to our state meet in a couple weeks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back