Need help! Please read!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

Gymnast9272

I have a meet on sunday and there are a couple skills i need that i don't have. I need a handstand on beam, a front hip circle, and a front mill circle. I'm also really close to my backhandspring. Does anybody have any tips for any of those skills??:p:D:cool::);)

For your front hip circle make sre you rotate your wrists. If you don't you will fall off the bar. You also need to go fast, and if possible keep your legs straight. Same with the mill circle, except shift your wrists first.

For the handstand on beam, if you can already do one on the floor, practice them on a low beam, then when your're happy, move it up to the high beam. First start with mats piled up underneath, then remove a mat and keep removing mats until there are none left under the beam.

For the BHS, can you do them on a trampoline? Have you done them with support?

Practice your handstands at home with your hands together on a line. This will make your handstands on beam easier. If you can do a handstand on floor you can do one on beam

So I got my handstand and bhs, but I still don't have either bar skill (but I'm really really really close to my front hip)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back