nervous!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

im just starting intermediate rec-op and im super excited! but im also nervous because all the rest of the rec-op girls have been training rec-op through the summer and i have been training pre rec-op! im scared that i will not be abel to keep up with them! im also nervous about competition!:eek: please help me!

Competition isn't that bad, they are actually really fun!
If you have trouble with nerves, I do to! What I do is, thirty minutes before your routine, get headphones on, get in your own world. Warm-up a little, try to avoid anyone who will want to wish you good luck, that will make you more nervous. Just smile and have fun.
You'll be fine!

Competition isn't that bad, they are actually really fun!
If you have trouble with nerves, I do to! What I do is, thirty minutes before your routine, get headphones on, get in your own world. Warm-up a little, try to avoid anyone who will want to wish you good luck, that will make you more nervous. Just smile and have fun.
You'll be fine!
Thanks! do you have any tips for memerizing routines?

Thanks! do you have any tips for memerizing routines?
Practice a ton! Especially for floor and beam. When I was learning a new routine, I would do part of the dance whenever I had free time. Especially when I was brushing my teeth, I would just pick out a part that didn't need to much space and just do the steps and poses over and over. Seemed to help a lot!

Practice a ton! Especially for floor and beam. When I was learning a new routine, I would do part of the dance whenever I had free time. Especially when I was brushing my teeth, I would just pick out a part that didn't need to much space and just do the steps and poses over and over. Seemed to help a lot!
Thanks you so much!

When I was a teen I did Tae Kwon Do, and we had to memorize forms. Running the forms in my head when I wasn't at the Dojang really helped me get the confidence when competing or testing. I did what LiveLoveTumble does too, practiced parts of it wherever I was. The goal was to get so familiar with the forms, I could focus on all the little things, not worry about "What step is next?"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back