Olivia Makes National Team- Diamond!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

starmaker

Well after a loooong road. A year and half of training and testing this summer we finally received news that Olivia qualified for National Team Diamond Level.

This has been her goal and dream for the last 15 months. Her Tops coach then said to her: "if you work hard this coming year, YOU WILL MAKE DIAMOND." At the time I thought it was a big promise to make to a then 6 year old little girl. I thought what if she doesn't make it, what about the disappointed, etc.

Unfortunately that coach had to leave before her first testing and dd was devasted. I thought...well there goes all the hard work (dd worked extremely hard for this particular coach). After quickly finding a solution we returned to her old gym where they welcomed her back with open arms. She immediately felt at home and 2 weeks later tested for the first time. She did ok. Her skills needed some cleaning.

Three weeks ago she tested for the last time and boy had she improved! She was quicker, cleaner, tighter, and overall stronger. She enjoyed every minute of the training and testing.

Now she is the happiest little girl. And this couldn't of happened at a more perfect time. Her gym is tiny and have had several huge sucesses in the last few days. HC's son just won 2nd AA at Visa Championship and is going to World's. The gym is just very happy and I am happy for Liv that she is the middle of it all.

Thank you all who supported her and sent her well wishes. Several have asked about her scores on fb and I appreciate you guys for being with me through this rollercoaster ride!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! What an accomplishment! I have followed your posts about Liv and she is one strong cookie!
Best of luck to her:)

Woohoo!! What an awesome accomplishment. Way to go olivia!!

That's excellent news!!! Congratulations to her on her hard work.

Can't wait to hear more about her adventure as she travels to the Ranch.

That is awesome! Congrats on the hard work paying off, Olivia and mom!

Wow...good for her! She must be very pleased!! Hey, mom...this calls for a new leo...lol (jk, but I know that's what MY dd would ask for!!)

Congrats Liv, you are one strong cookie!!

Thank you all for all the nice comments! She had a terrific day at camp today! All her teammates were very supportive. She told me they were saying congratulations to her all day! She was tickled for sure!

I showed up early with grandma and cupcakes for all! She had a great time with her friends and family. :)

Wow...good for her! She must be very pleased!! Hey, mom...this calls for a new leo...lol (jk, but I know that's what MY dd would ask for!!)

Congrats Liv, you are one strong cookie!!

Doesn't she get the national team leos and warm ups? Wow congrats on such an amazing accomplishment! She must be over the moon:D

Such fantastic news!! I'm so excited for her, and you must be about to pop with pride!!

Thanks again guys! Love all the heart felt support!

Unfortunately, Liv doesn't get to go to the Ranch this year. Hopefully next year.... This year she is happy to be recognized and of course the National Team leo and warm up suit is kinda cool!! I will most definitely take pictures of her in them and may just post them...heehee:D

She wrote about her wonderful day in her diary last night .....and I cried it was so cute. She is so proud! Wait till she's older and goes back to read what she wrote.....priceless!

Today is last day of summer and they are putting on a dance to the Waka Shakira song.....it's going to be interesting.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back