WAG P&Gs 2017!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Agree about the wrists...it's very distracting. And yes, elites usually wear different leotards to the big competitions. Speaking of leos, Ragan's yay or nay?? I give her creativity points but I wasn't a fan of the blousy top.
I didn't like the blousy aspect of it much either. Almost looked ill-fitting. I also don't like the "cholker" style neckline either...the early 90's are over, let's embrace that. If you're not going to prom with Dylan McKay, I don't want to see it.
I do however like the rhinestones, it's really pretty and makes the floor routines exciting!

I think they may have been talking about the fact that you no longer need to dismount with a D element....it can technically even be an A or a B skill. Example: Gabby Perea won bars at the Classic with a layout flyaway dismount.
This is so good to know. I was there, watched it live, and got really worried when she did that, wondering what had happened. Then was surprised at her score. Makes more sense now!

Old code included 0.5 in the difficulty score as a special requirement for a D skill or higher dismount on every event(in addition to the difficulty value of the skill itself). That has been eliminated so now the dismount just counts like any other skill in the routine. So gymnasts don't have to count the dismount as one of their counting skills as long as they have enough other difficult skills within the routine. Most will still do a D+ dismount as it's more difficult to add another skill with this difficulty level within the routine.

I didn't like the blousy aspect of it much either. Almost looked ill-fitting. I also don't like the "cholker" style neckline either...the early 90's are over, let's embrace that. If you're not going to prom with Dylan McKay, I don't want to see it.
I do however like the rhinestones, it's really pretty and makes the floor routines exciting!
That neckline has made a small comeback in the past couple of years. I saw a few gyms with them 2 years back and at least a dozen more this past year. I would think it would be irritating but the gymnasts don't seem to mind.

That neckline has made a small comeback in the past couple of years. I saw a few gyms with them 2 years back and at least a dozen more this past year. I would think it would be irritating but the gymnasts don't seem to mind.

Well when Simone opts in, you know you're going to see more :cool: The high neck does have an elongating effect - perhaps good if you are shorter/thicker in proportion. I note Simone (being on the very short side!) tends to choose higher-neck leotard cuts, though this is the only true 'choker' style one I recall her wearing. I think my DD would have a fit if choker style were required, but who knows!

upload_2017-8-20_11-3-39.png

Well when Simone opts in, you know you're going to see more :cool: The high neck does have an elongating effect - perhaps good if you are shorter/thicker in proportion. I note Simone (being on the very short side!) tends to choose higher-neck leotard cuts, though this is the only true 'choker' style one I recall her wearing. I think my DD would have a fit if choker style were required, but who knows!

View attachment 6811
We have them as competition leos (short sleeve) and they are not uncomfortable, just very hot...

So did anyone watch the juniors? Annie Beard's floor routine is cute and playful, but also mature....they should do something similar with Ragan IMO.

Agreed Tim almost ruined the show for me. I hate that they insist on deciding who to show prior the the competition starting. Let us watch the girls in the top 7 or 8, not favorites.

I watched online on pgchamps.com and was able to miss out on their commentary. Sam Peszek (I probably spelled it wrong) and Jordyn Wieber do a better job.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back