prep optional questions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hey guys! i was wondering about something & thought i'd come ask the amaazing people around her for answer
what is prep op exactly? my gym coach said it had levels within itself.
can you like get to level 7 ( while in prep op) then switch to reg. optional competition? someone explain ): i was thinking about joining prep op then when level 7, switching to regular optional comp. idk what it is though!? explain?

I think the program may differ from region to region but I am not sure. In NC there are several levels: Rookie 1, Rookie 2, Novice, Premier & Prep 1. Rookie 1 is the lowest and kinda like L3/4.

Some gyms do Prep Op until they reach L7. You would still need to score out of L5 & 6. Some gyms will do this by holding an in house meet & bring in judges.

Each level has it's own requirements for each event. You would take those requirements, add some dance, poses etc to make your routines.

My DD's gym does compulsory in the fall and Prep Op in the spring. The girls really enjoy doing their own routines. My DD did L4 this past fall and will have her first Rookie 2 meet in 2 weeks.

Hope this was somewhat helpful.

I joined Prep-op this summer, and I love it!

In my state there is : Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. (Platinum being the highest level)

Each level has its own set of rules of what you need in your routine. You get to make up your own routines instead of doing compulsory routines. Makes competitions alot more fun!

Hope this kinda helped.....

so you can do prep op & then when you reach level 7 do optional comp? i was just thinking it'd be easier, & i'd be able to focus more on the skills for the next level then stressing & worrying about routines.

You will still need to learn routines for Prep Op meets, you just would not be doing the same exact routine as everyone else.

You would also need to compete one L5 & one L6 meet and earn the mobility score of 31AA to advance to the next level.

Good Luck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back