Members see FEWER ads

Should I get back in to it?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Hello,
I did gymnastics for 11 years.. From age 5-16, i had to quit due to not having enough to train of because of college... was really upset over it..
Anyways, now i'm 21 and wanting to restart to get fit and healthier and i just love doing it.. Am i too old to get back into it?

Everyone there is going to be like 4-15 years old and then theres just going to be me the old one lol..

thoughts?

thanks

check out adult classes.

A lad who was at the old club quit at 16, then at 19 went back to adult classes at a different club. The coach had him training Floor and Valut comps pdq

check out adult classes.

A lad who was at the old club quit at 16, then at 19 went back to adult classes at a different club. The coach had him training Floor and Valut comps pdq

Hey,
thanks for the reply,
I've tried searching for adults classes but i cant find any, plus i would like to go back to the club i was at since ive known them all for so long.

I've tried the gym, didn't enjoy it, I love gymnastics and would love to get back on the apparatus and do what I used to.. It's way more fun compared to running on a treadmill hahaha

Our gym has a 32-year-old L8/9 who does really well (AAU) and is an inspiration to everyone in the gym (kids and parents alike).

Go for it. I imagine you had some skillset if you trained for 11 years so the younger ones won't be as much of a problem if you do.

Beware, a few of them will probably be a pain as a rule especially if they are close to your skill level or beyond.

Go for it, gymnastics is one of the best sports for strength and flexibility and there is so much diversity so it doesn't get boring!

Do it! I did atristic briefly as a kid before I was thrown out because of my joint issues and moved to trampoline. I never got very far in either as a child, but re-started at 18 and I'm now 21. I have more skills than I ever did and have competed (and done well!) in the region and for my university.

If you have good links to your old club then that sounds like a great place to start, I have re-visited my old club a couple of times when I've been at my parents and despite being the oldest by a good few years most of the kids just assumed I was around 17, and the coaches were all happy to see me.

Being the old one can be slightly awkward at first but if you know what you're doing (which it sound like you would!) then it's fine - it's actually really nice when the younger ones come to you for help and stuff.

Good luck!!

I have two words to add to the chorus encouraging you to go for it: "Oksana Chusovitina"

Will you become an Olympic champion? Likely not of course. Can you still enjoy the sport and improve on your skills? I think for sure.

A few people here are going to tell you not to. Maybe because they are jealous :p I say go for it. I am not a treadmill person either. I only go to the regular gym now to bulid endurance and muscles for trampoline and tumbling. Grated I started out doing ti for fun 1 hour a week then decided to compete and was going 12-15 hours a week. Now I'm older and crumbly so I have backed the hours down a lot.

I would give it a go! If it doesn't work anymore then move on to something else.

Thanks for all your replies.. Since there isn't any adult classes near me then I think I will go back to my old club :) last night I attempted the splits again, (last time I did them was 16years old) and well it's safe to say I need to start stretching again! Haha

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back