MAG Regionals?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

MyBoysFlip

Proud Parent
So Sunday at state we will have to decide if our son will go to regionals or not (assuming he makes the qualifying score). He is a young Level 5 and this is the first year our region is having the 7-10 yo L5's at the meet. For those who have gone- is it worth the time and money for the experience? It's a pretty far drive and a few night stay. It is over our spring break so we don't have to worry about missing school but I worry that it might just be too much. Our coach is letting the parents decide (after the judges of course). Part of me thinks he has earned it for working so hard this year but I also think he has lots more chances in the future. I'm torn... Thanks for listening.

D has gone to regionals every year, even as a young 5. He loves it. It is just a different atmosphere, and fun for the kids. We had to drive 9 hours the first year he made it, and it was a lot of fun! I think it is worth it, just from experience. Our thought was always that we never know how long a child will be in the sport, so we wanted him to have as many experiences as possible.

Last edited:
We didn't go last year (first year as level 5 for DS) BUT I have really enjoyed all the out of state meets this year and seeing all the boys involved in gymnastics! So, I am really excited for regionals this year because of that. We have a very small team and it's just not that popular here so it's neat for my son to see lots of boy gymnasts!

We are planning to go, it's my sons first chance as a young level five. It's a bummer for us because they changed it to a school day, though, which means a work day for my husband and I as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back