Coaches release moves for a kid with a stress fracture in her back

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am just wondering something....my daughter has a stress fracture with a grade 1 slippage of her vertebra. She is training L10 and is under the care of a doctor who has approved of her continuing in the sport. (she trains 36 hours per week) She hasn't had any problems lately until she started tacatchev drills. Is this a release move that might not be great for her back? Are there any that are ok, that might be easier on her back? Eventually she will need 2. She already does a shoot-over to hand and a toe up if those count.

Thanks...

J

My daughter had a stress fracture in her back a few years back and after she was in her back brace 24/7 with conditioning only for 12 weeks, she came back and has competed a Tkatchev and Jaeger without any back issues. Probably the issue is more that she needs to heal the fracture so that she can continue her training. I know my daughter didn't do any bars for the 12 weeks she was in the brace and knock on wood, it healed and she went back to her regular training after that...if your daughter has pain with certain skills or drills, maybe her back just needs more time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back