Retired...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi :)

So I did competitive gymnastics up until this September (I would be level 8 this year) but I had to quit for high school (just not enough time). I was training just under 20 hours a week. This year I have more work and since I don't have to make time to go to the gym, I don't really find that time and I really haven't worked out at all.
The thing is, I feel so bad doing that! I mean, I hate wasting all the work I put into conditioning for years to build muscle just to fall out of shape. Know what I mean? It's just such a waste, and I feel guilty because I really think I should be doing something. One of my friends is a former gymnast, too, but she doesn't work out very much at all and I guess doesn't mind it...

Any suggestions?

What about starting a new sport? you could try cheerleading, diving, or what about competitive trampoline and tumbling (are the hours lower for tumbling?), or if you want to leave gymnastics completely you could get into track and field, all your gymnast strength etc will help with that.

I know you say you have no time but if you had less training time it could work couldn't it?

I feel the same way during holiday breaks. :p

Maybe try doing just a bit of conditioning each night. Not like some rigid schedule of hard conditioning, but like every night do 25 sit ups or 15 push ups. Or if you need a break from sitting down doing a writing assignment, do 10 jumping jacks and get back to it. That way you still get some energy out, stay in shape, and it will make getting back into gymnastics, or any other sport, alot easier if you decide to. The great thing is, you can do stuff like this on your own time, where ever and when ever you feel like it.

I mean this in a helpful way, not a rude way:

I'm sure you do have time. You know how to exercise, so if it's really important to you to stay in shape, either make the time and go to a gym (regular gym not gymnastics gym, I mean) or find another physical activity to be involved in. There is no shortcut to being in shape...either you put in the time, or you don't.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back