Snacks before gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey! I work out 5 days a week at my gym. Since I know it will help the way I train I am trying to find some good snacks to eat before or after gym. :)

Things I usually eat include:

-dry cereal
-bread
-crackers
-pretzels
-celery
-oatmeal/porridge
-apples

Basically it's supposed to be good to eat carbohydrates, protein, and fiber (bread, pasta, bagels, fruit, granola bars, yogurt, crackers...etc) before practice. I don't pay any attention to that and eat mainly bland foods that don't make my stomach upset. :eek:

Don't eat too much before practice, only enough so you no longer feel hungry. Good idea not to eat anything that is very processed and rich (i.e. cake, some cheeses, ice cream, fried foods, microwaved meals) because from experience I can say it makes you feel heavy and "bleh", for a lack of a better way to describe it.

For after gym, I eat whatever the rest of my family had. And something unhealthy to top it off, hehe.;)

Before gym (like an hour or hour 1/2 before) I do a fruit + protein + complex carb.

After: PROTEIN. And chocolate milk is the recovery drink after gym :)

I will have some grains to give me energy, fruit or something with natural sugar to give me a boost, and some protein to fill me up. I'll also hydrate with a lot of water before.

What I sometimes do is ill make a smoothie with fruit, water, ice, and a protein powder called whey. U just do a scoop of it, and helps keep u energized and feel good at gym!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back