SPOILER ALERT!...Women's Team Qualification

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Great to see Catalina Ponor...too bad she bailed out of her tumbling pass on floor...didn't seem to hurt her too bad though...it was a nice tucked full...14.6

It looks like Jordyn Wieber still has a shot at event finals on floor...am I correct as of now? She seems to be in 6th?

Last edited:
Alright...Wieber's in on floor!

I was just wondering. Who is going to compete at what? I know Aly and the flying squirrel(sorry I think its a cute nikname.) are the aa's but are they going to compete in the other events, and is Jo done with the 2012 olympics or is she competing later on?

U.S. women in individual finals (finsh in qualifications):
AA - Raisman (2nd), Douglas (3rd)
VT - Maroney (1st)
UB - Douglas (6th)
BB - Douglas (3rd), Raisman (5th)
FX - Raisman (1st), Wieber (6th)

I was just wondering. Who is going to compete at what? I know Aly and the flying squirrel(sorry I think its a cute nikname.) are the aa's but are they going to compete in the other events, and is Jo done with the 2012 olympics or is she competing later on?

She will compete in team finals and floor finals.

That's right...we need Jo for team...that's what really counts anyways! GO USA!

Didn't Douglas get the same score as Maroney on Vault? Why isn't she in event finals on vault?
U.S. women in individual finals (finsh in qualifications):
AA - Raisman (2nd), Douglas (3rd)
VT - Maroney (1st)
UB - Douglas (6th)
BB - Douglas (3rd), Raisman (5th)
FX - Raisman (1st), Wieber (6th)

Gahh I couldnt stop myself from reading the spoilers and standings. I feel so bad for Jo and she was definitely my pick for AA. It would have been double cool for me if she had as i am from the same state she is from. Im thinking that maybe John put a little too much pressure on her and built her up and she expected to be in the all around so she was crushed when she didnt get the spot.

Too much swimming in the NBC coverage tonight. I am watching so I can see the routines that weren't shown this morning, but it is taking forever.

Too much swimming in the NBC coverage tonight. I am watching so I can see the routines that weren't shown this morning, but it is taking forever.

Totally...it's driving me nuts!

I'm with you! I couldn't watch the live stream this morning and I am struggling to stay awake to see floor....

Also stinks that in order to watch the Russians, Chinese and Romanians, I'd have to stay up way too late. Will be looking for those routines online tomorrow. :(

There was really no need for NBC to get in zjordy's face like that. She is a kid and she is dissapointed and heartbroken, leave her alone.

Now Bela flapping his lips, you know he will say some crap. Which of the girls should have given their places up for Jordy. Scores are scores and Gabby and Ali had a better day.

Yeah, not happy with NBC....I get that they have to get all the good drama in.....but really???? They choose to follow her the whole time walking out....they could have easily chosen to focus on Gabby's famous smile as the team walked out....
Kudos to Jo though, she handled the interview with class.

Why why why do they hold it out so late? I know it's so we'll stay up watching, but really. Don't they know kids are watching? Not to mention kids that need to get up for gymnastics practice in the morning? We heard the results on the news and I told dd she could watch it tomorrow. So glad I didn't have them stay up waiting. Good thing we'll both be home for team finals to watch streaming. It's so much more fun to watch when you don't know the results...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back