Switching Gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've gone to my gym for 5 years, and am level 8, which is the highest level at the gym. I'm thinking about switching, but it would be so hard because I've been there for so long. There's only about 12 people on the team, and I'm afraid that if I leave, others might too. I want to go to a gym with more equiptment and with more people my level and age, and coaches with more expirience. Any advice or similar situations?

You can't worry about what others will or wont do because of your decision. You need to make choices that work for you. After 14 years at the same gym with my son and 10 years with my dd we are at a new gym and it was the best decision ever. It sounds like you have made the decision to move but you are way too worried about what others will think or do. Stop worring about this if they move too that is part of the business and if the old gym wants to compete with other gyms in the area they will change what they do.

Do what's best for you, if the gym loses people because of you then so be it. It's called competitive gymnastics. Drama and making enemies is almost unavoidable.

Agree with the above statements. Only you can make yourself happy. Do your research on other gyms and really make sure that is what you want to do before you make the switch. Every gym is different and you want to make the right decision. Go and visit other gyms and try out a practice. Most gyms would allow you to do this.Do it after your season is over!

It seems obvious to me that the current gym cannot take you further in your gymnastics career and you need to go somewhere that can help you go as far as you would like to. I do feel your current gym would understand given these circumstances. Please do not worry about what others will say or do because at the end of the day you do not want to have to think of the what ifs!

Over the summer i switched gyms as well (for your same reason: in need of more equipment, better coaches and I was the oldest.) After i switched, I realized it was probably the best decision I've ever made! There were girls my age and level, and beyond! And I improved a lot and it was more fun. Good luck, I know switching gyms can be hard after so long, but it'll be worth it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News