Parents T&T

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flip4funmom

Proud Parent
Is there a place where I can ask t&T specific questions? I know there is a board here but it's super quiet. Now that comp season is getting super close I have tons of questions and don't want to get bugging the parent forum if I could get specific answers elsewhere.

Thanks!

You could always message me (or other T&T moms- there are some here) as many questions as you have and I’ll be happy to answer them.

I haven't figured out how to message yet I'll just ask my first question here.

This is specific double mini question,
My son is 5 and has been training team since late June. He has the skills down (including front tuck) but is struggling with only 3 jumps on the trampoline. He finally mastered 2 feet on the tramp (that took forever) but he is now struggling with getting across the trampoline in 3 bounces. Any tips, tricks? His coach is wonderful but really chill about it just saying his little he will get there. His first competition (super small local meet) is in 6 weeks. He's started to worry about it and I already silently have been.

Help!

I know nothing about Tramp, but wanting to read any responses. To start a conversation click the person's name or picture. A box will open and you will see Start A Conversation within the box.

I'm going to agree with the coach on this one for a couple of reasons.
First, if he is 5, competing a front tuck, AND jumping onto the double mini with both feet from the ground ( which I am assuming because the pass you are talking about is a level 4 pass and level 4's aren't allowed to use the triangle mat as a mounting aide) he is doing GREAT! There aren't many 5 year olds out there who can do that.
Second, if you've ever seen the double mini up close, the mounter bed (the part they do their tricks on) is much longer than it looks like from where you sit to watch. Little ones have a really hard time covering that amount of space in two jumps.
Finally, double mini is much less bouncy than trampoline. The little ones are simply not heavy enough to get a great bounce off of it, so they don't cover as much space. Plus, there is no mobility score out of 4, so he doesn't need a certain score to move to level 5 when the time comes ( and he would need to be able to do only 2 jumps in level 5 anyway because the first pass is a mounter, so no hurry there).
Really, when the coach says he is little and it will come, he means it (for all the really practical reasons I mentioned above-not in a nebulous, give it time kind of way). If you are both really worried, my advice would be to ask the coach if he can compete level 3 instead, since he would be able to use the mounting aide in that level and crossing the trampoline would be much easier. Otherwise, I would tell him that he is competing a level most 5 year olds can't, and he should be proud of himself for what he is able to do, and that meet scores don't matter-it's just about having fun and showing off. I'll also PM you so if you want to follow up, you can respond directly.

I sent you an invite to the t&t social group. It is on the smaller side but many of us like the 2 posters above know our stuff. Or can find out :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back