This week I accomplished...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

haha, i dunno about that... i never seemed to have a ton of success when i used to coach rec classes. but thanks :p

well i'm glad it helped! i just told you corrections i have received myself!! :)

I understand that completely. The more time it takes me to achieve a skill the better I am at coaching someone else on the same skill because I've gone through a thousand drills myself and have heard all the corrections about a thousand times lol :).
Anyway, today I go see the doctor for the first time in 3 weeks. I am so hoping to hear all good news and hoping to get back to the gym soon. I'll give you guys an update when I get back tonight.

Kylie,
Hoping to hear good news about that ankle!
It's great to read about everyone's progress.
My accomplishment this week is .....after 2 years, my husband and I have received a US Patent for our Trampoline Balance Beam! Yaaa Hooooo! The next step is to get it manufactured so gymnasts all over the world can train on it. :D

Thats awesome littlelady! I would love to see pics of it sometime! Is it super bouncy or just bouncy enough to learn the skills without all the force?

Little lady, you have to post pictures of your beam! Maybe upload a video at a later date! that is great about the patent though, good for you guys! Kylie, how did your Dr apt go?

Well my doctor said the bone is healing really well. I have two week left on the crutches but I'm not supposed to wear my cast much at all now and I can walk with the crutches and I'm really supposed to try and get my ankle moving. He also said to get in a pool chest deep and start walking holding the sides and I also can swim. At least now I can get in some cardio exercise and start building a little strength in my right leg. I just feel like I have a lot of unpleasant work ahead of me for the next 2 weeks though. In 2 weeks I'll be putting all the weight on that foot and write now it hardly wants to move and it feels really funny when I try to walk on it at all. He prescribed me some physical therapy and so I have to hopefully find a good one in my area. I know its not going to fun though. He was forcing my foot way further then I thought it would go and it kind of hurt so I guess thats what physical therapy will be like. So I'm kind of dreading it but I really want to do well and get back to a real life.

I think it's been 2 weeks since I posted. I am trying to increase my reportoire of B skills.

Landed some front handspring full vaults into the resi pit this week, got my free hip up a little higher on bars, more consistently casting close to handstand before my giants on bars. Did some front walkovers on the medium beam which I have not done since I was a teenager (stuck a few..fell on most) and am pretty close to having a front handspring front layout on floor. I sometimes either pike a little or bend my legs a little, but my coach said it was technically a layout, just with a little bit of form issue. Also landed some back layout halfs in resi pit. I am getting better at tumbling on regular floor without putting down the sting mats, which is huge for me because normally the sting mats help me go higher and not be as nervous to tumble hard.

My shin splints seem to be getting a tad better; I have been able to tumble 3x/week and vault 2x/week without much pain, which is more than before. I can do bars up to 5x/week without a problem, its just those darn shins.

Last edited:
The past couple of months, nothing has been going right- I'm either too injured or too lazy to bother with anything. It bothers me greatly, but when training once a week and still harvesting injuries, I can't find the motivation to work hard.

gina - nice job! that's lots of progress. glad your shins are getting better.

grizzoline - thanks for posting the video, it's cool to actually see what people are working on. that crash looked a little scary :)

mightynighty - i hear you, it's hard to get motivated when you're injured!

I accomplished falling....a lot lo:Dl!!! Couldn't do a handstand flatback vault properly to save my life-I think I was thinking too much about it. BUT! At practice yesterday, my first pull over on bars, I did almost by myself!!!!At least that is what my coach said, she said she barley helped me. For some reason, my first try is always the best. Kept trying to throw my head back on my back hip circles, think I need to bring a beanie baby or something with me to practice, see how quickly that obsolves that problem. Aw well, just won't take a week off again. I can only imagine how frustrating it is to come back from injuries after being out for a long time, when I was having that much issue after only a week!

Minus the crash, it looks awesome grizzle. I agree with Gina, it was a pretty controlled crash, almost looked intentional, you'll get those soon, you're wicked close!

My coach taught me a back hip circle on Friday. I'm still trying to get used to doing pullovers so I was scared stiff doing the back hip circle! :D But it's fun though...and I got to swing on the high bar for abit. Just back and forth in a hollow position...is that called a baby giant?

Its a tap swing. How are your pull overs coming? I am having THE worst time getting them, you would think I was trying to get my kip or something lol. Arent back hip circles fun though?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back