WAG Trampoline parks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We have open gym. Very well supervised. She goes when she can. Don't worry anymore then a regular practice.

The open gym we go to is at a gymnastics AND cheer gym.
If you don't go to their gym, you have to sign a waiver. Those from that gym already have one on file.
They have 2 of their gymnastics tumbling coaches supervise.
For those from that gym, they do what they are permitted by their coaches - stuff they train in practice. I have often seen girls working on Level 2 and 3 bar routines - straight legs, pointed toes... Like competition quality routines.
For people from other gyms or those just there for fun, if the coaches see anything unsafe, they step in.
My gymmies know what they can and can't do at open gym. AND we only go occasionally.

Signing a waiver is hardly protection for the gym. I don't know what your laws are like in the US. But here no one under 18 can sign a waiver, and a parent can't sign away a child's right to sue you.

that's horrible! you have to keep an eye on those around you at those places b/c ppl do not pay attention.

but, FTR, open gym times aren't any safer. if anything, i feel they are LESS safe. at our gym the parents are supposed to be watching their kids. they aren't. the pit is the freaking scariest thing during open gyms. ppl can get into it from several diff angles and you have kids there just for fun. the trampoline parks we've been too have been very strict about who jumps where and how many kids can be out on the trampolines. i feel they've been better policed than our open gyms b/c a lot of the parents could care less.

I suspect our gym is your gym, actually. Open gym definitely seems crazy. We never go to the evening ones. Only to the mid day ones with my younger kids, so it's mainly preschoolers and toddlers and they just like to run and jump. My oldest is on the boys' team and their coach has asked that they not go to open gym at all. That definitely makes it easier on me, so I don't have to hound him not to do things without proper spotting (although he really just wants to bounce on the trampoline and run around also, not practice).

Thought of the thread again this week.

Story on the news, a 5 yr old injured by a 200 pound man at a trampoline park....

Now common sense says, who lets a 5 yr old and a 200 pound adult on the same piece of equipment at the same time? Not me, wouldn't have been my kid.

At a friends house, daughter swimming with her friend. Next house. Unsupervised teens and kids of various sizes about 8 of them. On a trampoline with no net. Oh and they thought having a few of them lift one side of the tramp while others were jumping was a good idea. Not being used as intended. Not being properly supervised. And doesn't have a net. Sure that is an accident waiting to happen.

But to say tramps are bad based on the above examples, not really a fair assessment.

I get folks do what they are comfortable with and that's fine. But when tracking tramp accidents, you have to consider the kind of tramp, safety features and is it being used as intended, when you consider accidents.

Again, my kid has been to a tramp park 3 times. Same park, for birthday parties. I go. I decide what she can and can not do. The birthday party are assigned 2 attendents. The kids travel to areas of the park as a group. And get time on structures just for them. I get its not for everyone. But the 3 times we went I was comfortable with the who was there and the supervision.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back