Parents Trust in the process?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Don't question the coaches? Seriously? Your daughter is 8 yrs old. You have every right to question coaches. OMG. What is wrong with you people? Your kid gonna be an Olympian? NO????? Then get it straight! You question EVERYTHING!

Ummm I'm not attacking anyone.... I'm a realist. Geez...Just think about it! Why are you people subjecting your young daughters to this? Are they in ELITE training? If not, they more than likely will not be an Olympian. Have some common sense.

If our daughter is 12 years old and still in level 3. She will not be an Olympian

My daughter is a 9 year old level 7 and she won't be in the olympics. Is the only valid reason to do this sport the olympics?

Ok..What is the goal? To go to college? But hope you don't get hurt in the process? Shoot... If I put away the amount of money it cost for training? My kids would have a full ride scholarship to any school in this country. SO, what is the point? Risking injury for who? Prestige? Wanna be somebody? For some has been coach who could never make it? Explain it.. Because I seem to have a bad taste in my mouth from our experience so far.
When the Rum just doesn't do it for you anymore I reckon you need to put some "herbs" in your jello.

potleaf205.jpg
and then you have POT HEADS wanting to coach your kid....My point proven...hahahaha.....

My daughter is a 9 year old level 7 and she won't be in the olympics. Is the only valid reason to do this sport the olympics?
Mope, but all that money you have spent? Could have bought her a full ride to Harvard. And her education would have been set...

well, my goal for my son is to do something he enjoys, that teaches him self-discipline, hard work, dedication. That develops him into an adult that works for what he wants and works hard. That he will learn sportsmanship, physical fitness, and have fun. If, by some chance, he gets a scholarship, or something else, that that is a result of his hard work, and yes, the hard work of his coaches. His coaches love him, and have a plan for him, and want him to do well. They are huge supporters of him too, both in and out of the gym. I am sorry if your experience is not that way, but please to do attack those of us who are here with good intentions.

THE WHOLE PROCESS that you people buy into Is BS! FFS! Get real..If your kid isn't competing level 10 by the time they are 9, she is NOT going to the OLYMPICS and her chances of going to college on a full ride are competitive with that other kids who is just as good as yours.

Why do you think anyone here thinks their kid is going to be an Olympian? That has nothing to do with this conversation. Clearly you are unhappy where you are at, so I suggest you start looking at new gyms. Then you might understand.

My son can't compete level 10 as a 9 year old. ANd yes, the odds of olympics are small, but there are other amazing things that kids get from doing something they love.

Hey good for him! But, let me ask you this? All that money you spend on his training? Where is it going? Where is your boy gonna be in 5 years? Training for college? Training for the Olympics? Huh?
well, my goal for my son is to do something he enjoys, that teaches him self-discipline, hard work, dedication. That develops him into an adult that works for what he wants and works hard. That he will learn sportsmanship, physical fitness, and have fun. If, by some chance, he gets a scholarship, or something else, that that is a result of his hard work, and yes, the hard work of his coaches. His coaches love him, and have a plan for him, and want him to do well. They are huge supporters of him too, both in and out of the gym. I am sorry if your experience is not that way, but please to do attack those of us who are here with good intentions.
LOL... Huge supporters of mommy and daddy's bank account. If you do NOT belong to an elite gym, meaning people who produce Olympians, you are wasting your money. Your little level 3-5 compulsory will not take the mustard once she gets to level 7, then will want to become a cheerleader...LOL

wow. maybe you need to be out of the sport. my little level 7 boy is doign just fine. And he loves what he is doing. And he is learning alot from it. and in 5 years, he could be anywhere he wants to be, because he will grow up with a solid sense of who he is, what he can do, and what hard work is like. He is not sitting at home playing video games and wasting time. He is working hard to meet his goals. I am so sorry that you see no value in that.

Hey, however you want to justify it is fine by mean..I'm just giving you all my take on the scam...If you truly believe that abusing children's bodies for sense of adult goals, by all means, GO FOR IT!.

what is MY goal? You sure are assuming a lot about the adults around here. I never set out to have a male gymnast. We tried every other activity we could. BUt he loves it. It is HIS goal. And yes, maybe his goal is college, or national team, or olympics. And maybe it is realistic and maybe it isn't. But it is HIS goal. His goal might be to do as many giants in 1 minute as he can. and that is fine.

But he isnt one of the hoards of preteens or teenagers sitting aroudn, playing video games, eating junk food, and waiting for the world to come to them. He is out there grabbing the world for himself.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back