WAG USAIGC Questions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 18037

Greetings,

Anyone have kids or competing USAIGC????

I have a bunch of questions.

Skills needed for levels?
Scores to qualify for States, Regionals, Nationals, Worlds????
What levels do they have Regionals, Nationals, Worlds???

Any info or links would be a help?

Last time we did this (2 seasons ago) my daughter was Copper (lowest level), so States was the highest meet they did.

Thanks
LDW

Usaigc has nationals and worlds at every level- although your gym may not participate for all levels. At DDs old gym the coppers were roughly equivalent to the xcel bronze/silvers, the bronzes were xcel gold/L5, silvers were xcel platinum/L6, and golds were L7/8. They trained between 12-19.5 hours a week, with everyone over copper at the higher end. Their season started in January and ran through July. I believe they needed a 32 to qualify to states, but we are in Cali, so other states could be different. Scoring seems to be lower in usaigc meets than Jo/xcel meets.

We do JO and now IGC again. So hours don't change.

What are the requirements to qualify for States, then Regionals, then National, and so on?

I have been digging but haven't found it yet.

Here you go:
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1438786126.129976.jpg

Appears we cross posted, thanks.

Our gym will use the IGC requirements.

This is the link to the code of points

http://www.usaigc.com/SitePDFs/USAIGC 2013-15 RULES & POLICIES.pdf

Look at page 8 it will answer you question on qualifying scores

Starting on 20 is event requirements

That's actually an old version, it appears they upped the scores to qualify and added a Bronze- Diamond thing for scores higher then 35.8 in Bronze.

There by evening out the competition groups in the Bronze group, without adding a level. On page 5 of link below.

SIX (6) COMPETITIVE LEVELS

1. Copper Level: Primary entry level for gymnasts with no prior competitive experience. Recommended Practice Time: up to 4 hours per week. Beginning 2014-2015 Season: Our Copper Level will have two divisions: Copper One: first time novice gymnasts with no competitive experience Copper Two: gymnasts with experience. Both Copper divisions will be designated in ALL Sanctioned Competitions beginning November 2014. 2. Bronze Level: Beginner level. Recommended Practice Time 6 hours per week. In 2014 the USAIGC created a Bronze Diamond Competitive Division for our World Championship. Bronze Diamond gymnasts scored a 35.80 during the regular season and competed with their peers at our 2014 World Championship. The USAIGC is beginning to level the competitive playing field without adding additional rules and competitive levels. The Bronze Diamond Division will be used for our State, Regional and International Competitions. 3. Silver Level: Intermediate level.

This is the most current link (I think), its on the site.

http://www.usaigc.com/SitePDFs/USAIGC COACHES RULES 2014-2015.pdf

So will she not be doing Xcel anymore? All three would be a lot!
Nope

Again coach likes JO compulsories and program with more flexibility, fun for the girls and gets them used to the individual artistry of optionals.

And they also like kids who qualify to be able to compete at higher level meets, so without Regionals, no more XCel.

So I am confused. Would your daughter do JO L4 and go to the main state meet but compete IGC simultaneously? Or is your gym one of those that does the smaller earlier states because the May meet is too overwhelming?

The one IGC program I know competes IGC exclusively.

We do early states so we can do 2 programs. Again, our coach likes compulsories for basics. And the flexibility of an Xcel/IGC program, custom routines, ability to start developing their artistic personality earlier.

Our coaches/owners feel gymnastics is gymnastics. We have no separate tracks.

So we this year we are doing JO and IGC.

Or is your gym one of those that does the smaller earlier states because the May meet is too overwhelming?

I've never heard that before???

Only been to 2 gyms in my state. We have 3 States at the lower levels. One in Feb, 2 in May in different locations in the State. We have 3 State meets in a year for levels 2,3 and 4. I assume due to the sheer volume of gymnasts at that level. So its Early States, Upstate (or North), Downstate (or South).

Our old gym went to the May meet and choose which one based on geographic location, it allowed them to start their meet season later.

This gym, we start competing earlier, go to Early States and start an optional season for the spring.

Not sure how the other gyms in the State handle it.

Ah, so you're not going to do the bigger state meet in May. Your gym is doing the earlier one to which fewer gyms go. Got it.

Nope

Again coach likes JO compulsories and program with more flexibility, fun for the girls and gets them used to the individual artistry of optionals.

And they also like kids who qualify to be able to compete at higher level meets, so without Regionals, no more XCel.

There is no longer going to be a regional meet for xcel up there?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back