Velvet Leotard source

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bella's Mom

Grrrrr.......

Bella doesn't like the texture of lycra leos and prefers her "velvet" ones. You just cannot find velvet leos anymore. Everything is shiny and blingy.

Does anyone know of a vendor who has more than one offering of a velvet leo? I'd like to restock her since she's down to only one "softy" that fits her.

Rebecca's Mom has a leotard cut called "framed". The framed part is made in velvet and is very soft. Though the body of the leo is not velvet, it's definitely not a stiff lycra fabric at all. It is extremely soft and stretchy and they wear very well. Here is a link to some images:

HOLIDAY COLLECTION 2010

My daughter wears the spaghetti strap style in these and I kid you not she owns no less than 15 of them (she has 6 that are on that page alone... lol). She says they are the most comfortable leotards ever and she's fallen asleep still wearing one many times. ;)

awesomeness!!!!!

Thanks for the link! Off to check it out right now.

jillybean leotards have several velvet ones (last time I looked anyways)

Gymnastics Leotards
They have a lot of velvet leos, if you look through the pages, not too pricey either. Also, there are a lot here: Gymnastics leotards by k-Bee Leotards - Leotards for gymnastics workout and competition, gymnastics accessories - Workout leotards basics by k-Bee Leotards , but they are all just solid colors.

ETA: I was looking through K-bee, and there are actually a lot of velvet leos, not just solid colors. You just have to look. :) http://www.k-beeleotards.com/gymnastics-leotards/rhinestone

Last edited:
GK also has the velvet leos.

Their Fall/Winter catalog "promotional leotards" are all velvet (I think). They also have velvet leos scattered throughout their other catalogs. Good luck.

Last edited:
GK also always sells solid velvet leos in a variety of colors. I'm not sure they put them in their season catalogs (they might be in their competitive practice wear) catalog, but it's a nice, well cut leo, available for a decent price in a ton of colors.

I second the Rebecca's mom. It isn't all velvet. The part that isnt velet is very smooth, not rough, or stiff.

I saw the "silkskyn" type fabric motionwear uses at congress. It was thick and very soft (not velour or cotton, but not like thin nylon). It looked really comfortable. They also have velvet.

You can order some of the dreamlight ones in nylon or velvet. This one is super cute but it looks like they're out of size 4-6 or 6-7 in it now...maybe they'll restock or have some other velvet ones. They have a physical store and usually do have a lot of plain ones like that so you might be able to email them and see.
PT05-0-R2 Pink Velvet

geesh...i accidently stepped in to the women's section again, sorry.:D

Snowflake leos has a lot of velvet or crushed velvet. My daughter loves Snowflake brand, and they last forever. I had to take away 2 of hers after she wore them for 4 years! They were developing worn places, threadbare. But they were still shiny. That's the thing about Snowflake velvets, they're still shiny, so you get the best of both. Oh, and my daughter says they are soooo comfortable.

We always have an assortment of velvet leotards at FlipNFit.com. We have a wide range of styles as well: panne (crushed), flat, sparkle and numerous ones with patterns.

Hope this helps,

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back