Parents Warm Up Capri Pants

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Capri's are the norm here. Honestly, changing warm-ups, bags, leo's, etc are kind of part of the deal. I wouldn't appreciate them changing every year, but I expect them to change and I personally try not to complain too much about style, etc. Choosing these things for a whole group of people is such a pain, I do not need to add my voice of dissension. This is one area I choose to "let it go".

I preferred the capris to pants. Mainly because she was able to keep the same warmup for 3 years and if she were still competing this season, she would probably still be able to wear the capris (no "high water" pants). She has grown some but still has the same body shape. I also liked the look (slightly long jacket and the capri pants).

Our gym had hideous warmup, think the windbreaker squishy pants and jackets from the 90s. All us pare ts were begging for the Capri leggings and fitted jackets. We finally got them last year. They were an added cost but they look so much nicer!

dd's gym has had capris for 3 or 4 years now. The girls like them and most teams in our area have switched to capris now.

OP, I would advise always anticipating a few hundred dollars above the expected expense total given by the gym. Something always comes up - a change in meet fees, a need for a t-shirt, new grips/guards, tape, you name it. You likely won't need all that money and certainly not every year but if you plan for it, it's not such a shocker when something like this is sprung on the team. Same is true of medical expenses. As she goes up the levels, the risk for injury multiplies and you don't want to be caught off guard.

My dd's gym has capris! She was able to wear them from 2012-2015, they just kept getting shorter and it did not look silly bc they were suppose to wear them shorter.

We are getting new capris this year! I love the capris! I wouldn't want full length.

Our gym had hideous warmup, think the windbreaker squishy pants and jackets from the 90s. All us pare ts were begging for the Capri leggings and fitted jackets. We finally got them last year. They were an added cost but they look so much nicer!

Yuck!!!! I was watching the 1992 Olympic all-around competition this week and was cringing at the warm-ups!

My DD has worn the same size GK capris for 3 yrs. she has grown a bit but the my stretch. I ordered a couple extra pairs because she wears them all the time. To school, gym, hang out around the house. And I think they look nice with her gym jacket.

Black GK capris and tan uggs is the norm around near (New England). I love the capris because DD has worn the same pair for 3 seasons!

My daughter loves her capris. Perfect for the actual warm up, too. Last longer through growth spurts, too.

Lots of gyms around here have capris. We have a slim pant. Coach doesn't allow ill fitting clothing, it is considered a safety issue.

We change approx every 2-3 seasons.

I like the capri. I felt like when we first get the warm ups the pants need to be shortened, and then the length needs to be adjusted as my gymnast grows, and I'm not good at that at all. Like everyone else noted, the capri never looks too short. Always looks right. Makes me happy. :)

Black GK capris and tan uggs is the norm around near (New England). I love the capris because DD has worn the same pair for 3 seasons!

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1469244084.429139.jpg

That's my dd in capris and boots (sparkly, of course). We are in the south (so not generally a cold environment). But as you can see, nothing but capris!

We love the capris!! Slim, comfortable, modern, easy on/off, no awkward drawstring, and inexpensive. Baggy warm up pants aren't so flattering, imo.

And thank goodness our gym has capris, or my skinny long-legged girl would have been swimming in the standard warm ups in order to get the length right. Ours are just plain black, so will pair with any warm up jacket the gym decides to switch to.

Bonus for the plain black capris - my DD actually lost (later found) them at a meet, and we went to GAP and got nearly identical ones for about $9. No one knew. She continued to wear both pairs throughout season :D

Exactly! Ours are black too! We went to a meet and some how I forgot to pack dd's capris. One other gym mom had an extra pair of just plain black capris we borrowed and nobody even noticed.

Ok, I went through a couple years of podium pics and it seems that most gyms here (at least gyms I have pics of from podiums and march-ins) have long pants. About 3/4 overall. But, the capris are sprinkled in there and do look better and more comfortable to me.

I so wish our gym let the girls wear Ugg-ish boots with their warm ups. Dd takes a MILLION YEARS to tie sneakers (you think I'm kidding), boots would be so much simpler. But alas, we have a sneaker only requirement. I may or may not be hunting down Velcro this year. Lol.

We have the black capris. We just wear flip flops for shoes, though. And once they're in the gym, they're barefoot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back