Parents What happens when people leave your gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We switched gyms and I would have thought it was weird if they had thrown dd a party. We left the gym because we were unhappy why should they throw her a party? Now when someone graduates or moves we have a party the last 15 minutes of team practice.

That mom seems alittle crazy for expecting this ecspecailly since her daughter is leaving for another team. Maybe you should be glad she is leaving even if she was leaving on good terms our gym does not normally throw a party. They recognize the gymnasts when they graduate at our yearly banquet.

We had a level 5 who was forced to quit due to divorce. One parent wanted to let her do gymnastics, the other was against it. The (pro-gym) parent arranged for a little send off with her teammates. They brought in munchkins to share with the other kids.

We pulled our daughter out of the program because we were unhappy. We did not expect a party nor did I arrange one. That would just be weird. I made sure not to criticize coaching and to focus on that we were leaving for a smaller program in our departure letter. Tried to keep the drama out of it. It is really best for all. We've run into coaches at meets and it is a very friendly exchange between DD, Coaches, and myself. We have since gone to their big meet as spectators and DD was welcomed with open arms. One of the coaches made it a point to tell me that Kayla is welcome back at any time. The gymnastics world is small and I didn't want DD to feel uncomfortable. She and i are now even friends with one of her former coaches on FB. Could not have asked for a better separation.

Strange. At our gym if you leave to go to another gym you generally are not even allowed back IN. We as parents might miss the child and family (or not, depending on the situation) but throwing a party because they are switching gyms...definitely wouldn't happen at our gym. A family might choose to have dinner or something if the family was close with the departing family, but, a party? Hmmm. Again, all I can say is...strange.

Thank you to everyone who provided input. I meant to reply to this sooner but life has been hectic and our daughter has had a little bit of a hard time lately [completely unrelated to gymnastics]. Anyway, we went ahead and did a lunch at our house yesterday after morning practice which was her last practice. Her mom actually seems a lot calmer so perhaps the new gym will really be a good thing for everyone. Our HC even made a brief cameo appearance [although that may have been because he knew my DH was making his famous grilled chicken burritos].

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back