Where do I find a choreographer?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

CoachJM

I am looking to hire a choreographer for my optional team's floor routines. Been searching online and so far cannot find any in New Jersey. I know there must be, I just haven't found any local. Is there a site with choreographers listed, or does anyone have a recommendation? Thanks

Call around to your coaching friends from gyms that have floor routines that you like and find out who choreographed them. It also depends on how much you are willing to spend who you get.

You have some great advice already by checking with other gyms in the area and see who they use. Don't limit yourself to NJ as many will travel to where you are or you can travel to where they are. My old gym has a girl come from Sweden. Every year she comes this way for vacation for July and Aug and when she is here she does the routines for my old gym. Alot will depend on how much money you have to spend too.

Your current gym doesn't use anyone already? Maybe they can recommend someone? Also call around to the dance studios they may know someone that does gymnastic routines.

Great advice re: checking w/other gyms. My DD's gym uses a woman who comes from NC (of course, we pay out the nose for her, but we've got to cover her flight and housing while she's here). Our local gyms don't "share" their choreographers... of course they are paid full time by those gyms for their services, so I can understand the prohibition on doing routines for their "competition!" Check w/dance studios as well. The choreographer just really needs to know DANCE... the tumbling passes will be inserted by the gym. coaches.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News