WAG Where's Bailie?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
So all these girls going to meets in preparation for Olympic selection......But where is Bailie Key?
Is she out? hurt? No hopes for olympics?

I read somewhere that she was hurt...she had a surgery back in 2014 so maybe she aggravated an old injury...she's headed to Univ of Florida eventually....and with all the healthy girls already in the mix, I'm not seeing her in Rio....I actually think she peaked too soon...

Wow! That's a bummer.....I was hoping to see her again on TV....
I hope she heals and I'm sure she will have a great college career.

I read somewhere that she was hurt...she had a surgery back in 2014 so maybe she aggravated an old injury...she's headed to Univ of Florida eventually....and with all the healthy girls already in the mix, I'm not seeing her in Rio....I actually think she peaked too soon...

I remember watching her at the 2012 P&G Championships thinking that it way too early for her to be that polished with the level of skills she was doing. I loved watching her though!

She competed at the 2015 P&G Championships and placed 4th AA. ... But I do think I heard she was injured too.

Reactions: sce
To me she's a great example of just how impossible the Olympic dream is for a USA gymnast. She is a beautiful gymnast with great power, incredible work ethic and seems to be one of the nicest kids around. Unfortunately injuries happen though. Assuming she gets healthy she will be a dominant NCAA gymnast. With the commits UF has received they will be very difficult to beat. I'm surprised so many great gymnasts are committed though, they all can't compete. UF could potentially have girls sitting on the bench who could compete for other NCAA super six schools, but I don't think Bailey will be one. I hope she heals, she's one of my favorites.

If you want to go to the Olympics, 16...for college Gymnastics, 18 ( but you had to have had an early peak at 11 to be considered)....

Bookworm-What do mean by an early peak at 11? As a level 10?

Yes so the colleges will even look at you...and they like prepubertal bodies..so 11 is good for that...but of course you have to be peaking when you get there at college at 18...

Kim tweeted something about Ballie sitting out the early season and focusing on the summer meets with no further explanation. She's either injured or burnt out, so Olympics aren't looking likely for her. I think Kim's got all her eggs in the Smith basket at this point.

It's weird how little info on athletes there is. DS asked if Key, Foberg and Flatley were buried in shallow graves at the ranch. :eek:

I heard that it was something with a stomach muscle??? Not sure how accurate that is but she is supposedly training with not limitations just not competing right now.

Kim tweeted something about Ballie sitting out the early season and focusing on the summer meets with no further explanation. She's either injured or burnt out, so Olympics aren't looking likely for her. I think Kim's got all her eggs in the Smith basket at this point.

It's weird how little info on athletes there is. DS asked if Key, Foberg and Flatley were buried in shallow graves at the ranch. :eek:

The Smith basket looks like a pretty good bet after this weekend. :)

I totally agree!

I think they have a good shot at the Olympics but it is so hard to know with so many others who are also well-qualified.

I totally agree!

I think they have a good shot at the Olympics but it is so hard to know with so many others who are also well-qualified.

I am sure the powers that be will be assessing candidates on more than past history. I have no doubt that they will send the team that they feel can bring home the most medals for the USA. Unfortunate if you peaked too soon or if new girls outshine you or if older girls are more steady. But in a place like the USA where they could make three olympic teams and win 1, 2 and 3rd place easily, it is the way it ti.

Yes so the colleges will even look at you...and they like prepubertal bodies..so 11 is good for that...but of course you have to be peaking when you get there at college at 18...

Totally disagree that you have to be 11 year old level 10 to compete at college. Thousands of examples where that is so not true. Including 2 from our own gym just this year heading to D1 schools for gymnastics, and our gym is not considered "top tier"

Lets keep this thread on ELite discussion and keep NCAA out of it. We already have a very long thread about that subject.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back