WAG Wristband recommendations?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cadybearsmommy

Proud Parent
Quick question! Of all of the wristbands I've bought for my dd (this is her first year in grips) most of them seem very poorly made. They are unraveling, leaving "fuzzes" all over the velcro of her grips (and thus weakening the velcro it seems.) Is this common? The only ones that haven't done this as bad are the 10.0 wristbands. Was thinking of ordering more of those but wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations for other good quality wristbands that don't unravel or leave fuzzes (or if they all do and it's just hopeless lol) Thanks!

Our ones that are unraveling are the ginnasta....=(. IDK what she is doing to them! LOL!

The whole grip situation has been interesting to say the least. Started out with 10.0 grips and wristbands, DD hated them and the finger holes were actually cutting into her fingers, despite widening them, so we got rid of those pretty quickly. Then we ordered Ginnasta grips and wristbands. She was right in between size 1 and 2, so I ordered the 2. Too big. That was back in the winter. I put them up for later and ordered the size 1's. Perfect fit. And she loved the Ginnasta wristbands at first but they are coming apart something awful and leaving fuzz all over her velcro (that I thought might be the cause of her grips slipping so much.) But today her coach said that she might be outgrowing this size and that could be the cause of the slipping so we are going to try the size 2's again, they fit better now. And going back to using the 10.0 wristbands but we only have one pair, so I need to order some more soon.

We buy GK - they are terry and a bit longer. DH loves them but she never wants me to wash them. So what I do is have two pairs in her grip bag so the other new ones collect chalk and stuff. Apparently some gymnasts (mine) are very particular about her wrist bands.

DD uses Gynnasta grips and wrist bands, but she uses the single buckle so no issue with Velcro.

Wrist bands, they never get dirty.
The longer you wear them the stronger they get.
Sometimes I think I should wash them
But something keeps telling me don't wash them yet.

Mine uses the double buckle ginnasta grips. Hopefully they never stop selling them. She wore them until the coach noticed they were falling apart. About 3 years. We have bought the xtra long Wilson's at various sporting good places and also the ginnasta ones we never wash them just pitch them when they get too gross. According to her, never too gross eww. I can tell when her grip bag stinks up her competition bag.

Both my boy and girl use the Nike long ones. They wash up nice. (Yes, my kids ask me to wash them) my dd uses buckle grips and ds uses Velcro. No unraveling for either. I think if if it's a huge problem, try the neoprene wrist bands.

Thanks for sharing that! Ds get so gross that I just buy new ones so buying 12, no matter how long they last, is great. I am pretty sure his could walk on their own right now....they are soooo gross...

Thanks everyone! I ordered some of the nike ones and if those don't work out I have some other great suggestions from you guys to try. Thanks again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back