WAG Wristband recommendations?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I really do think we will end up with double buckle grips before it's all over with. I think the velcro pulled on the wristbands making them start unraveling, partly b/c dd was just throwing them in her bag without wrapping the velcro up, so I told her to make sure she wraps them up from now on and gave her a ziploc bag to keep her wristbands in to keep them away from the velcro. She wore the nike ones, but they were not as tight on her wrists as some of the others and slipped a lot (although they were super plush and thick and very nice). She ended up with scrapes, rips, whatever you want to call it on her wrists from the grips rubbing the place where the wristbands kept slipping. So I'm putting the Nike ones up for when her wrists grow a little more, she's back to the trusty 10.0 pair and she has a pair of ginnasta ones that were unused so gonna give them a try too and I'm betting they will be more durable without the velcro tearing them all up. Getting used to grips has been an experience for her lol, she's constantly adjusting them and I'm betting she uses half of her bars time adjusting her grips. She may just be one of those kids that needs the double buckle ones to feel more secure and that may help the slipping, so that's the direction we will go if she isn't used to them by the end of summer. Thanks for all the advice!

I really do think we will end up with double buckle grips before it's all over with. I think the velcro pulled on the wristbands making them start unraveling, partly b/c dd was just throwing them in her bag without wrapping the velcro up, so I told her to make sure she wraps them up from now on and gave her a ziploc bag to keep her wristbands in to keep them away from the velcro. She wore the nike ones, but they were not as tight on her wrists as some of the others and slipped a lot (although they were super plush and thick and very nice). She ended up with scrapes, rips, whatever you want to call it on her wrists from the grips rubbing the place where the wristbands kept slipping. So I'm putting the Nike ones up for when her wrists grow a little more, she's back to the trusty 10.0 pair and she has a pair of ginnasta ones that were unused so gonna give them a try too and I'm betting they will be more durable without the velcro tearing them all up. Getting used to grips has been an experience for her lol, she's constantly adjusting them and I'm betting she uses half of her bars time adjusting her grips. She may just be one of those kids that needs the double buckle ones to feel more secure and that may help the slipping, so that's the direction we will go if she isn't used to them by the end of summer. Thanks for all the advice!
I am reminded of this...

DD has only used buckles and I'm glad that is all she knows. I'm sure many girls spend a lot of time adjusting the Velcro on their grips. My DD uses Gibson wrist bands, I hand wash and air dry the band's every few weeks and they are still like new. You can order them in different colors. Best of luck!

Mine switched to double buckle when she was about 8 or 9 and loves them. She had velcro previously. It took a bit to get used to not being able to play and adjust them all the time, but then she was fine. The hardest was her worrying her coach would notice and be mad, lol, as we don't use what they do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back