Parents You know you're the mom of a gymnast when

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

notthatmom

Proud Parent
The back of your car looks like this.... I pick her up from school, she changes, sometimes has a cliff bar, and I drop her off at the gym. No wonder I can't find any of her clothes...they're all in here!!

Yikes....

Attachments

• IMG_4023.JPG
    IMG_4023.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 263
My dd tends to stuff all that stuff into her gym bag. Clothes she wears to the gym, snacks, water bottles, wrappers, etc. Whenever I feel like some of her clothes are missing, I check the bag and sure enough, it is stuffed full with clothes.

Add me to the list - my car is always nightmarishly dirty! Food wrappers, clothes, water bottles, lunch box remnants galore... I've occasionally wished my windows were tinted so people wouldn't be able to see in. :oops: DH says "no", and shared that apparently, it would be more efficient if I just cleaned it?! :confused: Who has time for that? o_O I offered to let him take on that duty, but so far, no luck!

One year I was baffled as to what was happening to all of my DS' socks. I could never find any. I tore apart the house searching... Bought more... Finally found them right out in the "open" - a neat pile of his black socks on the (black) floor of my car. More than a dozen pairs. "But mom, my feet get too sweaty with socks, so I take them off in the car". He'd been taking his socks and shoes off for car rides, then putting the shoes back on (sans socks) when we got home. Head:desk.

Lol! Yeah luckily I have tinted windows, sometimes when my husband takes my car I have to give him a warning first....

I just cleaned it out though and found numerous pairs of socks, underwear, food wrappers, water bottles....and a nice selection of rocks that my YDD tends to collect :p

I keep hair ties on my turn signal. Spare gym shoes (required) in the glove box. No clothes though, no changing while driving. Lots of food wrappers. Pencils and paper for homework though. The food and wrappers make me nuts.

I usually have about 3-5 gymnasts in my car on any given day, luckily no one changes in the car. Lots of homework gets done and some snacking but I must say that are actually a very clean group! Not too much of a mess but something almost always gets left behind. Lots of pencils and such! I seem to find pencils everywhere!

I usually have about 3-5 gymnasts in my car on any given day, luckily no one changes in the car. Lots of homework gets done and some snacking but I must say that are actually a very clean group! Not too much of a mess but something almost always gets left behind. Lots of pencils and such! I seem to find pencils everywhere!
I could open my own Staples with all the stationary supplies we have. I'm like Scarlett, As God as my witness I will never buy another pencil again.

I make them bring in their stuff from the car. So they stuff their stuff into their bag, but sometimes it just stays in their bag.

Just a few days ago, I noticed my dd's gym bag was extremely full. I asked her what on earth she had in her bag that was making it so full? Only a jacket she wore a few days ago when it was cooler, a rain coat she wore when it was raining last week, and about a week's worth of clothes because she goes right after school but often comes out of gym in just her Leo and doesn't put her school clothes back on. So I made a mental note to self - not only do you have to tell her to bring in all her stuff from the car, you also need to remind her to empty out her bag.

Definitely with you!

Every time I roll open my doors (got to love those mini-vans) I'm fearful of losing a pair of precious, precious pommel pants (or a sneaker, socks, water bottle, etc) as things tumble out the door...I'm pretty sure a pair of moms having a picnic in the park beside our gym (imagine that, eating pre-gym dinner outside of the car?!?) actually whispered to each other and pointed at the disgraceful mess of my vehicle tonight.

I finally had to hit it with a garbage bag this evening. Of course that was only because I had to root through the garbage to find the lost ipod that was being used to entertain one child while the other was practicing. Sigh. Desperate, desperate times...

Water bottles and Tupperware. My saving grace last year was carpooling with a kid with a peanut allergy so I was forced to keep it clean. Now. Not so much.

Ahhhh, my car! We have a case of water and a case of powerade (for the over 100 days), a blanket, a fan, two patio seat cushions (for making me more comfy when I sit in the hatch), snacks, books, games/cards (for entertaining a stranded sibling), spare clothes, spare leotards, spare panties, spare ponytail holders, string, brush/needle, deodorant, pens/pencils/notebooks, portable phone charger, and sneakers, and empty grocery bags for running errands (stores don't give out bags here)... I don't know what in gonna do when I don't basically live outta that thing anymore!! Lol!

So enjoyed this post- we have a matching vehicle down under... try to pick my park so that's it's not beside other gymnasts disembarking from an immaculate car lol

Thank G-d my daughter never changes in the car anymore. I was sure there would come a day when DH would get pulled over for a minor traffic violation and have to explain having several pairs of girls' underwear visible in the back of the van.

Now it's more of a garden variety mobile trash can, though I note that the other car has a really gross bottle of Karo wedged in the compartment on the back side of the passenger's seat (left over from clinic two weeks ago and left there sort of almost intentionally for this weekend's upcoming clinic).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back