WAG Which way do we go?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What is it that he is wanting exactly? Is he wanting to recruit your daughter to his gym? Is he some famous coach or something?

I am glad that your dd is in a spot where she can learn and thrive. That is the key here. That someone left over it is their problem. They must have had issues before this, that has nothign to do with your dd. So glad the girls are welcoming her! Can't wait to hear how she does :)

No real coach would ask to see leo-less pictures to check on muscle definition. There are definitely some real weirdos out there, and precautions are wise. I think there was a thread somewhere on here about safety - maybe in the community section?

Yes, he claims to be from a neighboring state. I am not sure that he found me here as I have not linked my FB and Twitter to this account yet (to be safe) but he has commented and/or liked every single one of my child's pictures on FB and started sending me PM.

I have reported to FB ( and changed my settings) and noticed that someone with the same screen name is following me on Twitter now. I am not sure that he got my info from this thread but his comments and wierdness started after I posted this tread so I am just being careful.

You are saying some one on here found you on FB and messaged you in a creepy way??

If that is the case send me the message and the name of the members and they will be banned and blocked.

What is it that he is wanting exactly? Is he wanting to recruit your daughter to his gym? Is he some famous coach or something?

Yea he is saying he thinks he can get her to the "Worldwide level" I am not sure that is even a level..............and he says he is a coach but I have googled his name and not found anything...............plus I am new and don't know what I am doing BUT I have enough sense to think that if he really wanted to "scout" my child he would ask what gym she is in or something else that would make him see her in person under controlled circumstances. I am certainly not about to send pictures of my child's abs to anyone even if I did find they were linked to some famous gymnast

You are saying some one on here found you on FB and messaged you in a creepy way??

If that is the case send me the message and the name of the members and they will be banned and blocked.

I have not been able to find the person on here............but I have the FB message saved. I will send it to you maybe you can see IF it was someone from here.............I don't know if they found me here on Chalkbucket I am just being cautious here because of what happened on FB

Um, yeah this is crazy weird. Catie's mom, please send Bog the information so that the weirdo is banned!

I have not been able to find the person on here............but I have the FB message saved. I will send it to you maybe you can see IF it was someone from here.............I don't know if they found me here on Chalkbucket I am just being cautious here because of what happened on FB

Smart people do not use their real names on here, so it is unlikely I can find him/her as a member. If you are creeped out by him on FB you can block him there.

Sorry I do not want to start another craze. I am not sure he is on here..........he contacted me on FB. I sent the message in question to bogwoppit just in case she can find someone with the same name. I have reported to FB since that is where he contacted me. As far as Chalkbucket I have not gotten any creepy messages here yet I was just saying that I was treading carefully.

I am not putting up pictures or videos of my child ANYWHERE on social networking till this guy goes away.

Catie's Mom -

First, congratulations to your daughter for making the team; it sounds like L4 is just about right.

Next, congratulations to you for sticking this whole thing out and successfully sorting out the wheat from the chaff in terms of what you were hearing and reading. Being new to this sport with a talented athlete can really start things spinning around you because you really don't know who or what to believe.

Now, my challenge to you is sit back, let your amazing daughter train her heart out, be her loudest fan, be a warm shoulder for her to cry on (tears will come, trust me), and avoid with all your energy the craziness of the gym; build your trust in her coaches and try to stay away as much as possible.

Good Luck and keep us updated on her progress.

Catie's Mom -

First, congratulations to your daughter for making the team; it sounds like L4 is just about right.

Next, congratulations to you for sticking this whole thing out and successfully sorting out the wheat from the chaff in terms of what you were hearing and reading. Being new to this sport with a talented athlete can really start things spinning around you because you really don't know who or what to believe.

Now, my challenge to you is sit back, let your amazing daughter train her heart out, be her loudest fan, be a warm shoulder for her to cry on (tears will come, trust me), and avoid with all your energy the craziness of the gym; build your trust in her coaches and try to stay away as much as possible.

Good Luck and keep us updated on her progress.

Thank you, yes it was very hard to separate, there were times I would log into this thread and just put my head down and sob........it was all so confusing and overwhelming but I just could not give up when those big brown eyes looked at me every day and said "Mom what did you find out today"............now maybe some breathing room. As far as the gym, I have never been a part of this communities "I need a new car because the neighbor has a new car" thinking and we have always been the family not invited to social things because of it.........seems the gym is going to be the same, but if daughter is happy then I am content to ignore the daggers pointed my way.

Congrats to your DDs great placement. L4 is no easy level for anyone, let alone someone who started a couple of months ago. As Meet Director says, now sit back and relax. Try and remove yourself as much as possible. I would avoid the Gym parents for now. Not in a bad way, just to let the dust settle. There are MANY parents that are in this sport more than their kids, and they could be feeling very defeated and competitive. Let them deal with it, and you focus on positive energy for your DD. Make sure she is a good team mate, respectful, and supportive. nothing else you can do.....

Another thing, if I were you, I would NOT be using your DD name anywhere, (Chalkbucket included). Make sure all your FB posts are private and for friends only. If you go on Youtube, make sure who is subscribing, and check them out too. If they are shady, then block them.....

Any real coach would never contact you through social Media ESPECIALLY A MINOR.....

Just sayin'
It is amazing how small this world is.....I have been posting for years and I got attacked by an old coach right here!......very bad news and I was made to feel ashamed for posting....
(yes, ashamed for posting on a silly gymnastics website, no offense, totally confidentially!!)
I cant even tell you how crazy gymnastics is!!!
You have to look out for your DD though.

Once you change your name, your friends will still know who you are...;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back