WAG Achievement pins - question?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
I started the tradition of buying my DD achievement pins to put on her gym bag (back when I started, I didn't realize just what I was getting myself into, as I try to cover "everything").
I have gotten "skill" pins, level pins, and "highest AA score" per level (those wait until the new level).
I've had a hard time finding one though, and I'm hoping someone has seen one...
I need a 39 All Around pin. Of course, it was old L2, and DD hasn't ever come close to that again, but if I can find out, I'd love to get it on her bag.
This is what the ones I've been getting look like, but I'm open to ANYTHING (at this point, I got a 35 and used gold paint marker to make the 5 a 9, and sprayed laquer on it. But I'd love a "real" one.
all34.jpg

I've googled, I've Ebay'd, I've called companies, so I'm hoping someone out there has seen a 39 somewhere that I haven't :)

Not sure if this is at all what you are looking for, but might be better then nothing. You can customize it yourself with an image and text.
http://www.zazzle.ca/fun_make_your_own_pin-145730008027390276
If it were for her bulletin board or such, I'd do something like that, but I don't necessarily want it to be different than the rest of the pins. As proud as I am of her 39, I don't want it seeming like we're really bragging (#1, especially because it was back in level 2(old), and #2, because I don't think anyone else on her team has had a 39) But thank you for that!! I'm saving that link!

The highest I have seen is a 38
http://www.snowflakedesigns.com/accessories/gymnastic-pins/award-pins/38-score-all-around-pin.html

You might be able to ask them about a 39 pin... I know that they have some things that aren't on the website due to limited quantities... you might get lucky :)

Believe it or not, they are one company I haven't contacted. Now that I've been on this board, and I've heard how great their customer service is for leos, I will go ahead and try calling them. Thank you!

no idea, but those look really sweet

Thank you :)
I didn't realize what an undertaking it was at first. At level 2, and even level 3 (old) not many skills were difficult for her. New Level 3 was harder, and this summer the trek to L4 even more so. I get neurotic about "collections", so I cover everything....

This is her story in pins:
pins.JPG

With the change of level numbers, I made her old L2 a L1 for future consistency:
Level 1: highest score 39 (that's the one I "made".
Level 2: highest score mid 38.
Level 3: made it to states, 34 at States. In spring, finally had 9's across the board (the 9.0 beam pin is backordered), and had her highest score mid 37. This was BHS level (need to move that by the level number because it was first :))
Level 4: got her kip
The "Stuck it" was the meet when she stayed on the beam and did her 1/4 turn for the dismount (and got a 9).

Last night she reminded me that now she has her cartwheel on beam and FHS vault... I've created a monster! LOL!

we don't have stuff like that as we use the FIG open ended scoring system, so a 9.8 is actually not a great score here. But I like the levels ones - must not buy more stuff, must not buy more stuff, must not buy more stuff .....

But I like the levels ones - must not buy more stuff, must not buy more stuff, must not buy more stuff .....

I wish I hadn't started, I wish I hadn't started, I wish I hadn't started...

Actually, I'm glad I did it, but I really didn't realize how "big" it could get ;)
I mean, if she makes it to optionals, I think all these pins will have to be displayed somewhere else to start over on the bag!

I've bought Little Bit the level ones only so far. Right now they are sitting in a dish gathering dust...need to figure out what to do with them

I do all of the skill pins and levels. I wish there were more of the more difficult skill pins available though. DD still likes them even at 12 :)

I quit buying pins for both girls after Level 6 because it got to be too much to keep track of them on their bags, lmao. Now they are just in a pile, in a drawer! My favorite pin was an AA and it had 4 little charms that dangled, one for each event.

I like the ones with the danglies, but I didn't see those first. And I have that disease that I have to keep everything the same :)
(I would have been okay with the 39 being different, because truly, I don't think she'll get another one of those...)

These are so cool! I've never seen these before! Looks like I may be starting a new expensive hobby! Hope you find your 39!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back