Parents Attire question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Scottish Caitlyn

Proud Parent
I am always telling my daughter to dress smart when she is going off to competitions and that includes zipping up her warm up jacket, in fact, sometimes I will just zip it for her as it is quicker.

So, should it be the coach telling her to zip up or, as the parent am I doing the right thing ;)?

? This is kind of an odd question.

Also, if you've posted a question in one section of the board, you don't have to repeat it in another section.

It might be more effective to let her coaches deal with this one. She's 8, right? She can zip up her own jacket. If you're doing it, that sounds like it's become a fight, and that's not worth it.

Your daughter's coaches may have rules. Ours want all the girls to look the same so we have rules about zipping up jacket, same sneakers, same hair style, wear warm ups at awards, etc.

Depends what you mean by that...
My dd is 9. When I bring my dd to a comp, of course I help her make sure she is fully ready. Hair neat and in the required style, warm up jacket and pants over comp leo, gym bag stocked with hair supplies, extra leo, drinks, snacks, grips, etc. We may stop in at the bathroom when we get there if touch ups are needed. I don't zip her up, just like I don't dress her in any of her other clothes. We get there with enough time so don't need to be 'faster'.
Once I've handed her over to her coach though, I'm done. If she did come in to awards with open jacket, I might cringe internally but that's it.
I do put a fair amount of emphasis on self-sufficiency in parenting my kids though so mostly I'm just checking up. Went through a few years of cringe-worthy outfits and giving gentle suggestion (" honey, red and pink don't really look nice together" lol) to get to this point. Ah well, at 3 and 4 years it's just funny when they have clearly dressed themselves.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back