WAG Cheetah cup question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Splat

Coach
Gymnast
My mom recently bought me the cheetah cup which was recommend to me by my doctor after a bad heel injury. I have only used it once but their were some small problems. The brace when I land skills sometimes slides up. is there anything to help with that, I have heard to tape it which might help. Another thing I was wondering is if anyone uses the cheetah cup on beam. I hurt my heel of my dismount so beam is where I really need it but it feels super weird. I'm just wondering if anyone suggest not wearing it for beam or if I will just get use to it.

My daughter only wears hers for floor and vault. Her reasoning being that its not comfortable on beam. Hope your foot feels better soon!

If it is sliding up, you might have a size too big. You could try taping it in place. I have seen people wear them on beam, but only rarely.

My daughter's coach also suggested taping them. Someone on here suggested cutting the toes off of socks and wearing them underneath. We haven't tried that yet, but probably will. Her's are just slightly loose- and she has the smallest size available.

My dd didn't wear hers on beam because she said it made her foot too sweaty and she would slip on her turns. Coach also didn't like her to wear it on beam anyway. She never taped hers, but it was a tight fit.

Most of our girls who wore them did not use them on beam, however we have 2-3 girls currently who do use them for beam. The slipping sounds like it is too big - I think they make an adjustable one. When I trained we would use just the heel cup part and tape it to our heel - no slipping, but the heel cup would get sticky.

Reactions: sce
DD wears hers on beam, took some getting used to but not too bad. Hers does slip on landing tumbling now and then on floor, but it is the correct size (very snug to get on). It does happen more as it wears out, I think she is on her third or fourth one now.
She just tried the Xbrace again (we got it a long time ago, she tried it on and hated it but wanted to try it now) and she says that one felt really slippery on beam..!

I wore one on beam. I'd use the "extra" one that comes unattached to the brace, and attach it with tape (with prewrap under of course). Then use a grip brush to "scratch" the tape so my foot wasn't slippery for landings. Also misting the tape with water helped it feel more grippy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back