Commonwealth Games

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tweddle/Downie will do Worlds, and I think JOura is out of training right now.

I haven't seen Laura yet, our coverage is focussed on the Canucks! Glad you saw her!
Oh man, our coverage kept cutting back to swimming (this is Australia, after all) and showing one routine at a time. Then they went to the gym, but didn't show as many routines as I'd have liked.

Did Laura make any event finals? They haven't mentioned anything about that here.

DOn't ruin it for me, I am still watching, cbc started showing it at 8am. I JUST saw Laura's beam, she is quite lovely and has nice long lines!!!

104787023.jpg

GB Leo - I like it but it is a change from blue! Is this Laura? Not sure with the bar over her face!

Yes, I think that is Laura, she is certainly the blonde of the group! Her floor should be coming up for me very soon!

Please help!!! I am really want to watch the gymnastics but cant get any of the links to work- BBC coverage doen't work if your outside UK, CBC online doesn't work if your oustide Canada and the link Bog posted I am not internet savvy enough to get working aagghhhh:(. Any other suggestions?

No one has been able to find a link that works in the USA. This happens to us non USA folk for worlds, classics, visas etc. SUcks doesn't it.

If I get a link for a copy of the meet I will put it up. SOmetimes the nice folk on GGMB sahre nicely with the gym world.

thanks bog if you do get a link that would be great.

Also, I thought I would share given the earlier post about the poor condition of the CGW village - my hubby is actually at the games(not with gymnasts, but as a coach for our squash team), staying in the games village and he said that so far his experience has been amazing, totally organized, great food 24/7 and nothing wrong with their accommodation. I guess they worked there butts off the last few days to get stuff finished before the start of the games. Also, I have been able to skype him most nights so they def have wifi in the village.

I am so happy to hear that. It is SUCH a huge deal to make these games. That is made so much better when the accomodations are nice.

Amazing what can be acheived. THanks for sharing.

Asha from GGMB says she might have the WAG up by tomorrow night.

I've heard that the scales for the wrestlers aren't working, and the timers for the swimmers practicing are either not there or broken - the site where I read this is hosted by someone whose competency I question, so I'll get it when the site comes back.

Sorry Bog, Australia won :) go Aussies!!!!!!! 4th consecutive title, i believe we hold the record :)

THat's okay, both my countries of citizenship came 2nd and third so if you add those two together you get better than gold! LOL!!! The Aussies are very talented.

I think so i am going to check but we have great coverage of the games in general. On foxtel they have like Dehli gold, 1, 2, 3, 4, and maybe 5 and 6 then channel 1 and ten also cover the games however i am finding myself up past midnight watching it but im sure i will and will post results after :)

Thanks sweetie, us gym deprived Canadians will be eternally gratefull! You can catch up on your sleep next week!

We have coverage of the games, but it seems to consist of shot ut and field hockey! What that about???

Gymgurl will you have coverage of the WAG AA tonight? I am so jealous that Aus has great coverage.
*snort* Hardly. With the mens' team final, they started showing it at the beginning of the 4th rotation, only showing a handful of routines - mostly showing clips. With the women's, same thing, only I don't know which rotation they started coverage on.

Cynical Chick, I don't know what channel you're watching but certainly not the same one i am because i got all rotations and full routines. Do you have foxtel? that might be the difference because i was watching it on the Delhi gold channel

Just wondering if any one could tell me. When you go to the commonwealth games is there a score they you need to achieve before being allowed into games to compete. As when watching the coverage there was a team that I wouldn't really think would be good enough to be competing as they were not at the standard of the rest of the teams. I just don't know how it works.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back