Commonwealth Games

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know what you mean some of the competitors were either having a really off day or were not up to that standard of competition. There was a girl with 3 falls on beam. i think it depends on the country because i don't think there are commonwealth trials etc so i think they just make a selection from the national team maybe? don't quote me on that though :)

Cynical Chick, I don't know what channel you're watching but certainly not the same one i am because i got all rotations and full routines. Do you have foxtel? that might be the difference because i was watching it on the Delhi gold channel
I don't have digital, much less pay tv - I'm watching on Ten.

AUSTRALIA TOOK 1, 2 & 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

followed by england in 4,5 & 6!!!!!!

great result for Australia :D

Was great, though I keep reminding people that AUS took their top girls. England took some young girls whjo did amazingly well for their first International meet. BOth noobs came 5th and 6th, WOW!

Great job AUS, Lauren MItchell is a shining star.

I had to laugh when I read this story, it's kind of sad (not upset sad, but sad.), but defenitaly something you wouldn't expect to see at a competition. The picture below will make more sense once you read the story.
I copied it off of the alberta gymnastics website. Home - Edmontonian grabs bronze in gymnastics // Alberta Gymnastics Federation (It's not plagerisme if I put the link right.)
"
Edmontonian grabs bronze in gymnastics

October 06, 2010
800px-Bat_shadow_blacksvg-440x196.png

Hot off a BRONZE medal for Team Canada on Day #1, Kristin competed today on day #2 in the Individual All-Around competition and finished 7th. Her vault score increased significantly from Day #1 (from a 13.65 to a 13.95), thus setting the stage for her Apparatus Finals set for tomorrow.

" Kristin competed well today, except for beam, where she had a bad day. Not to make excuses, but while she was waiting to mount on beam, I was trying to swat away a bat that was flying around her ! How do you prepare an athlete for distractions like that ? We do contingency planning as part of our preparation, but that kind of situation never occurred to us as a possibility ! The thing was flying around her and it was one of those weird things. Before her routine on floor, I also had to remove a large butterfly from the middle of the floor. The coach from England had a bird do its thing on her during the meet....coaches were in hysterics....We were at a gym meet; this was surreal ! After beam, Kristin regrouped extremely well and ended up hitting floor and vault, her two best events. She is really pumped for Vault and Bars finals tomorrow and she is a definite medal hopeful on Vault. She just has to go out there and hit two strong vaults and really work on nailing the landings. If she does that, she is really putting herself in contention. Hopefully there's not going to be any wildlife malfunctions ! " said her coach Valérie, who called from India to give us the news.

"Kristin is in the best shape of her career. She is ready to go out there and leave nothing behind. Tomorrow should be exciting. She has to focus on performing her two vaults as best as she can." said her coach Michel Arsenault from Edmonton.

i know Aust. took their top girls but im still proud nonetheless, though england did very well :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back