WAG Consistency... especially beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnast-mac

Gymnast
I've been doing bhs on beam for around a year now, and though I can stick them most of the time in routines, I feel like they are still an "iffy" skill. This may sound like a silly question, but how do you get consistency with these things. I know just doing it over and over will achieve that, but I feel like that should've happened already. Especially at meets, I am less likely to stick it, and I need to fix that. Any advice?

Is it possibly a technique issue that until fixed will makes the skill inconsistent.

I've been doing bhs on beam for around a year now, and though I can stick them most of the time in routines, I feel like they are still an "iffy" skill. This may sound like a silly question, but how do you get consistency with these things. I know just doing it over and over will achieve that, but I feel like that should've happened already. Especially at meets, I am less likely to stick it, and I need to fix that. Any advice?

iffy is a four letter word. so is beam...:)

My DD is having the same issue right now with her beam routine during competitions. During the last couple meets I see her tense up, and totally bomb the bhs blo. Even some of the other more simple skills are affected. Funny its only beam. She is training front and side aerials, back pike an is able to crank those out along with the bhs blo in practice but the meets seem to get to her. Its all in her head.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back