WAG Ex gymnast help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone , we just recently got news that we will be moving back to Canada in July. I was born and raised in Canada, and so was my husband and my oldest two children were born there .We're moving back to the same town we lived In before and I've been talking to my close friends that owns, the gym my kids are going to go to. I was telling her that my dd was interested in coaching so once we get back and settled I'm going to get her in the courses she need. My friend offered for dd to help out with a new program they are starting this summer. They are going to have new little 7 and 8 year olds that will be training level 8+ skills or cpn apsire. Right now the girls are equivalent level 3,4 gymnast because of the levels that they are in the province. They will not be competing until they are 9 though. Anyways my main question is do any of your dds gyms have ex gymnast that help out with preteam or level 1,2. I was just wondering if that's a normal thing for gyms to ask. I know it's also because I know the owner very well and it's something that happens in small town Canada. But I was wondering if it ever happens in the states.

Yes, gyms here often have former gymnasts, in their teens or early 20s, coach rec or low level JO or XCel groups. What level would the kids be in the group your DD would be coaching? You mentioned level 3 and 4 and then said they're training level 8....?

It is common for clubs to have former gymnasts and current older gymnasts help out with both rec and team. We have HS gymnasts helping coach and sometimes, they work with the upper level girls. It just depends on the number of coaches available that day.

yep, and not enough of them! :)
Lol, at our home meet, we had a total of 11 coaches there. HC got an earful when she turned in payroll for that week. We had 18 girls in session 1, 13 girls in session 2, and 11 girls in session 3... I would say our coach/gymnast ratio was pretty good at that meet. Most meets, we only have 5-6 coaches. That came in handy for one meet - another team's coaches were running late and we had 2 coaches that could go help them warm up vault. :) The benefits of competing in a "league" where everyone is friendly with each other. We were the only team with enough extra coaches to do that though.

Right now they are equivalent to level 3,4 gymnast in the US but it's different in the Canada so it's not exactly the same, they will only compete once a year( at the home meet) and other than that not compete at all until they are 9. The point is so that the club has more advanced younger gymnast, the club is pretty small and wants to up their game when competing against other clubs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back