WAG Giants Fear

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Work up from baby giants. miss the bar barely and then get higher and higher until you are doing a giant. this will also help to prevent arching in your giant so it is good form/speed development as well.

For me, it didn't help to go over the pit because I didn't like how the pit bar felt and I liked the visual cue of where the low bar was. However, if that makes you feel comfortable and you have access to a pit, go for it.

Basically, once your coaches give you the go-ahead you just have to figure out how to get yourself over your fear and do it. At that point you are totally prepared, you just have to catch your mind up.

Trust yourself and your coaches. Know, that with the proper training, you CAN do it. Remember that there are mats, and the coach will be standing right there......have your exit strategy in place if you don't make it around.

Just this week, after many months of spotted Giants, I watched the coach pull all blocks away, move all spotting AIDS and then told her it was time to do it alone. After tears, and a little panic, she did it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back