WAG gyms in or around Tampa

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Nikki4

Proud Parent
Hey guys. We just accepted a job in Tampa, Fl. We will live somewhere around Tampa, not sure where just yet. Just wondering if you have any suggestions for gyms to look at in the area. dd is just a level 3 now.

Oh and also will it be hard to move gyms? Can I just walk in and say hey I have a level 3, mind if we join your level 3 team?

Thanks!!

I don't know about Tampa, I'm on the other coast. But as for moving gyms, generally you'll call the gym(s) you're interested in, and explain you're moving to the area, have a L3 daughter, and are interested in their team. At our gym, you'd come in for a practice or two for the coach to evaluate, then go from there.

either of the Lafleur's, baby. the whole Lafleur family are great people and great gymnastics people. great staff too! :)

Make a list of at least 3 gyms that would be promising and then go check each one out. Just about all gyms will give you a trial class so you can get an idea if that gym would work well for your dd or not.

either of the Lafleur's, baby. the whole Lafleur family are great people and great gymnastics people. great staff too! :)

change of plans. we are having to move out a little to get better schools. we'll be in the lithia area, so our top choices have pretty much been knocked out. Lafleur's and Tampa Bay Turners are both an hour away without traffic.

Any other suggestions?

Hi,
You don't have to move out of Tampa for better schools. I have family that has kids in Roosevelt Elementary, and that track (elementary, middle, and high) is in the top ten of all US public schools. They live in the downtown Palma Cea (sp?) area. Just thought you should know.

Palma Cea (sp?) area.
Your housing dollar won't go far there, and you'll get an old house that needs TLC. That said, there are some really cool old houses there, and they're mostly unique rather than builder boxes. It's certainly closer to "city things" than Lithia. Lithia has recent/new construction and much lower costs. It's not close to the city, however, and largely relies on a toll road to get back into Tampa.

Thanks for the info, we will def check it out. We've had a heck of a time learning all the areas!

and I guess I should add, we looked at some really good schools right in Tampa, but the housing cost was over our heads.

Your housing dollar won't go far there, and you'll get an old house that needs TLC. That said, there are some really cool old houses there, and they're mostly unique rather than builder boxes. It's certainly closer to "city things" than Lithia. Lithia has recent/new construction and much lower costs. It's not close to the city, however, and largely relies on a toll road to get back into Tampa.

this is something that's come in to play big time. We have 4 kids so the usual 3br, 2ba doesn't work well for us. lol

There are several areas in Pinellas county that have good schools and where housing has come down in the last few years. Pinellas is where both TBT and LaFleur's (Largo) are. It's a ~30 minute work commute to Tampa, but you get to drive across 7-9 mile bridges into the sunrise in the morning and into the sunset in the evening. It's not the PCH or the Rocky mountains, but it's plenty more beautiful than most commutes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back