WAG how long did it take you/your child get to Level7?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

twistingmia

simple question...

how long did it take you/your child to from (new) Level4 to (new) Level7?

1 year.
  • Competed old L5/new L4 last season as an 8YO
  • Tested out of old L6 at the end of the 2013 season
  • Competed three meets this season at new L6 and four meets at L7 as a 9YO

2 years. DD competed level 5 (new 4) in the fall of 2012, tested out of old 6 last spring (2013), competed new 6 until March of this year and will start competing 7 in November.

1 year -
Winter 2013 she competed old level 5 (new 4)
Spring 2013 she tested out of old level 6
Winter 2014 she competed level 7

Thank you all for your replies! Amazing progress!!
So if you are a strong Level4, Level 7 should be able to reach in about 2-3 years?! WOW! To me, it seems that the first 4 Levels are really important and if you have mastered the basics, a quite quick progress is possible!

May I ask you all, how many hours do your DDs train?

1 year old L5
2 years in Xcel Platinum
Tested out of old L6
Competed last season as L7
so 3 seasons if you count the old L5 season

actually going from old 5 to 7 in one year is fairly common in many areas/gym. They either do it as a previous poster said or with competing 5 in the fall, 6 the next fall and then 7 in Jan. Several gyms in our area do this for most of their girls.

Dd tested out of old 5 and old 6 the summer before she competed platinum (old - a mix of 6/7) in the winter and competed 7 the next winter season. So I guess one full year? Or is that considered 2?

But the question/answers are a little deceiving because the preparation to level (new) 4 makes a difference too. Some repeat a couple years in the lower levels, then just 'get it' and are able to skip ahead. This is what dd did.

Last edited:
Dd trained 12 hours the year leading up to testing out of old 5/6 and then went to 16 hrs for platinum and 20 hours for 7

To address what gymgal brought up.....

DD started gym at approximately 4 and a half year old and did a few months in general rec class.
At age 5, she was moved into Preschool Developmental class.
Age 6 was Pre-Team. She was briefly moved up to train with the old L3 group but it was apparent she wasn't mature enough to handle the structure of the class and was moved back to pre-team. Three hours a week.
Age 7 was old L3. Training 6 hours during season and moved up to 9 hours the summer after. Skipped the old L4.

Mine hasn't repeated a level yet but I'm hoping she repeats 7 next season. She skipped a non-required level and then tested out of a required level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back