Parents How old is your DD/DS and what level?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yeah, I would only saying "training level xx" during the off season if I wasn't sure what level she'd be the following year.
Same here. Dds gym is always uptraining but she doesn't know her level until closer to competition season cause it depends on what skills she has that she is able to sucessfully compete.

I'm new here dd is level 1/2 rec (almost done with her level 1 progression sheet and working on her level 2 one) and we are waiting for team evaluations after this season to see what team she will be on next season.

I'm new here dd is level 1/2 rec (almost done with her level 1 progression sheet and working on her level 2 one) and we are waiting for team evaluations after this season to see what team she will be on next season.

I read this as level 1/2 and fell in love with you/your daughter because my daughter is always about the halves! When she got moved to Pre-Team/L2, she informed me that she was L2.5 because she only needed some skill (not sure what it was now). Right now, she says she is an L7.5 because "all" she needs is yurchenko! That's all....JUST a yurchenko.

Love her for her little half levels.

Yeah, these threads are never started by moms saying "I have a 17 year old L4"!

I do have a question though. Several people said their child is an L-whatever, training L-whatever. Is that what you put if you compete in the fall only? I started to wonder because it seems to me that everyone is training up for the next level. When someone asks me, I say my kid is an L7 but I never say she is an L7/training L8 and L9. I just assume that an L5 is training for optionals and an L8 is training for L9 (and L10 for that matter). But for kids who train in the fall, I'm assuming they competed "L3" and are training L4 but not yet competing it. Does that sound right??? We compete November through March for compulsories so it is an unknown situation for me to have just fall compulsories.

Yes, compulsories compete in the fall, optionals in the spring. I'm 99.9% sure DD will compete L5, but I don't know for how long.

I say it like it is and nothing more. They are what they competed. In the off season I might say something like my dd is a l7, hoping to compete l8 in the fall. but really they are what they are.

My dd is a 10 year old Level 9! She was 7 at level 5, scored out of level 6, competed level 7 at 8, scored out of level 8 at 9, and just turned 10!

DD is 10 and competing Xcel Gold for the next 2 meets, then to L5 for our fall season. This fall will be her 3rd season competing.

I always thought my DD (8) was young for her level (5), but I guess she is just a washed up old lady after all. :D
Mine, too, Clover. She just turned 11 and is competing Level 8. My son is positively ancient! He's 13 and level 5!!! (although, he's training much harder skills.) I was kinda miffed that he repeated Level 5 bc he did really well last year. However, I am finding out that about 85% of the kids in his age group this year are 2nd year level 5's at any given meet he is in.

my DD is 8 and will compete level 5 in the fall. She competed old level 4, new level 4 and now will do 5. She was always training up with the level 5-7s at our old gym but when we switched gyms they grouped girls according to age and not skill level, which I don't agree with but...

Yeah, these threads are never started by moms saying "I have a 17 year old L4"!

I do have a question though. Several people said their child is an L-whatever, training L-whatever. Is that what you put if you compete in the fall only? I started to wonder because it seems to me that everyone is training up for the next level. When someone asks me, I say my kid is an L7 but I never say she is an L7/training L8 and L9. I just assume that an L5 is training for optionals and an L8 is training for L9 (and L10 for that matter). But for kids who train in the fall, I'm assuming they competed "L3" and are training L4 but not yet competing it. Does that sound right??? We compete November through March for compulsories so it is an unknown situation for me to have just fall compulsories.

This is what it is for us. We compete Sep-Dec. My 8 year old DD competed L3, and is still L3, but training L4. Our L2s and Optionals are competing through March, so no one is moving up until competition season is done for the whole gym. I would hesitate to say she is an "L3", since the season is over, but she isn't officially an L4, either...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back