WAG It happened in 2012!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well good news and bad news.

The good news is my lower back/hip doesn't hurt in back walkovers anymore. I went to the chiropractor and he put a bunch of things back in place.
I also had a great day at gym on Sunday. It was open gym, so I got my front tuck about 95% of the time. My freehip is improving. Instead of coming back to the bar at the end I got it to push out a little bit and could kip out of it. It was butt ugly and my feet hit the floor, but it's progress.

And then comes the bad news. I decided to try back walkovers on beam again. Low beam of course, with mats around it. Well they were going really well, no pain and my hands were on every time. (mind you I haven't done these in about 2 months) So I worked down to no mats around the low beam which resulted in me doing about 10-12 back walkovers total.

Well it turns out I partially tore a muscle in my back. Ughh. Well at least that means I was using the correct muscles as it was not my lower back/hip. But no gym for me tonight.

I'll have to try out the app!!

I've never heard of learning backtucks over the barrel??? How is this done?

While coach's eye is an awesome app you must pay for it. I have a DD that plays golf and we use an app called ubersense and it is free. I am sure you could use it for gymnastics too!

I stood up a front tuck from floor to the resi pit! It was only one, but it was one(I have stood them up from the TT to a resi pit, but never from the actual floor!) Back to working BHS over the barrel, and I'm almost clearing it, so hopefully I can go to either the spotting belt again or a regular spot again soon!(haven't since I hurt my knee two years ago!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back